£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at what's going on here..Ronald Koeman is putting Everton on a much higher platform than the last few seasons.
More than 1 (Lukaku) strike option (Target Forward(s) to come)Trying to push for a top 4 finish & setting the scene for the next generation of World class players.

Definitely think Ross is a better player and think the money would be better spent on another defender and striker. Don't really get this move at all.

He's not near the quality of them guys, come on now. Yes, set pieces are useful but we NEED creativity. The best creative players can do the passing and the set piece stuff. Need to go for whoever has the profile of the next Payet/Silva. Probably best scouring the French & Spanish leagues.

He doesn't just create from set pieces, stop believing that. He's a very good all-round player who happens to be good at set pieces.

Do I think he's 'worth' what we'll pay for him? No, probably not, but he's the manager's primary target and we'll pay whatever we feels right. If we think ti's too much, we'll walk away.

Also, stop thinking we'll be able to get somebody cheaper purely because they're coming from abroad. Unless there's a buy-out clause (Sandro, Roque Mesa), foreign clubs will fleece Premier League clubs as well.

We're going for a proven quality Premier League player.

Because they are predominantly set pieces. Yeah he may do better than that, but I'd like a creative player who passes on the deck. I swear some of us are allowed an opinion.

Sigurdsson directly contributed to 23 goals last season - 10 goals, 13 assists.

12 of those goals assists were from open play I believe.

Sigurdsson directly contributed to 23 goals last season - 10 goals, 13 assists.

12 of those goals assists were from open play I believe.

That's an interesting stat if true mate, I'm sure I heard a stat that he made 30 something chances from open play last year which was less then Wanyama who's a defensive mid. What did Barkley make from open play about 80 was it? And only ended up with about 8 assists?

Definitely think Ross is a better player and think the money would be better spent on another defender and striker. Don't really get this move at all.

Sigurdsson is guaranteed to produce goals next season, that´s why we´re trying to bring him him. Stick him behind a striker and that striker will have a consistent supply line.

Whether it's the case that Ross doesn't like (Get along) with Ronald Koeman & his style of doing things...or that Ross (By not signing an extended contract) thinks you could do better elsewhere is mired in confusion!
But however......Ross Barkley was given an option to have the midfield modeled about him & decided against it!
It remains to be seen if (When) he move to another club he becomes one of the greatest palyers of all time...............
Any Guesses ??? :dodgy:

We'd have made this move regardless.

Though I agree that if we are willing to go up to £45m, then it would appear Ross is edging towards the exit.

Ross refused the new contract before the end of the season, in fact that utter kopite bell Jamie Redknapp bragging on Sky that he think Ross is leaving having spent time with him tells me all I need to know.

From what I understand he has been offered an improved contract to the one he is on now and turned it down means any other theory is irrelevant.

The boy wants out so what do we do sit on our hands and do nothing ? Ross leaving when the club is in a position to make real strides this season should send its own message.

Whether it's the case that Ross doesn't like (Get along) with Ronald Koeman & his style of doing things...or that Ross (By not signing an extended contract) thinks you could do better elsewhere is mired in confusion!
But however......Ross Barkley was given an option to have the midfield modeled about him & decided against it!
It remains to be seen if (When) he move to another club he becomes one of the greatest palyers of all time...............
Any Guesses ??? :dodgy:

As long as Ross doesn´t sign that contract he should be given no consideration what so ever. Ship out and replace as soon as possible.

Sigurdsson is guaranteed to produce goals next season, that´s why we´re trying to bring him him. Stick him behind a striker and that striker will have a consistent supply line.

Thats not his game,his assists are nearly all from set-pieces. Ross offers far more from open play

Ross refused the new contract before the end of the season, in fact that utter kopite bell Jamie Redknapp bragging on Sky that he think Ross is leaving having spent time with him tells me all I need to know.

From what I understand he has been offered an improved contract to the one he is on now and turned it down means any other theory is irrelevant.

The boy wants out so what do we do sit on our hands and do nothing ? Ross leaving when the club is in a position to make real strides this season should send its own message.

Ross has spent his life in football....He can see better than anybody where thing lie!
Is he Really THAT good??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back