£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you arsed about sell-on value ffs? This absolutely baffles me with fans, as the same ones preaching 'sell on value' are the ones leading the rants when we sell a player...

And Koeman wants a player who he knows can cut it in the PL.

The issue with Ross, for all his good points, is his consistency. We're ideally bringing in Gylfi to compliment Ross, so it stands to reason we'd want a more consistent player - which Gylfi is, probably due to age.

There are some gems to be found abroad - Viera could well be one of them - but Gylfi is our no.1 target and has been for a while for that role.

The point of a sell on value is that in 3 seasons time when hes 31 and were looking to move him on and upgrade we wont receive much money for him and others may not want to cover his high salary.

I'd rather go for players whose value should increase and then we know that even if we want to offload them we can bring in decent money for an alternative or an upgrade.

Was meh, still meh.

Surely if they use their imagination they can find players from abroad with more potential and more of a sell on value.

Don't worry about the sell on. We need players for the 1st team to slot in straight away and not risk potential. We have been buying plenty of potential of whom will be going under the supervision of Unsy. We have a great potential on loan at Anderlecht. All the potential is there for the next few years. Our main signing regardless of price are to benefit the 1st team yet we are basically have a transfer window for the U23's also and they are our future potential. We are doing the window correctly and very well. We are not doing a Leeds and putting the future of the club at risk.

The point of a sell on value is that in 3 seasons time when hes 31 and were looking to move him on and upgrade we wont receive much money for him and others may not want to cover his high salary.

I'd rather go for players whose value should increase and then we know that even if we want to offload them we can bring in decent money for an alternative or an upgrade.

D'you think United were worried about that when they bought RVP Zat, or Chelsea when they bought Luiz last year?

I understand the logic mate, but we've brought in players so far who - apart from Rooney - are all under the age of 25.

Now's the time to go out and get the proven players we need in the attacking areas to ensure we have the quality right from the off, while other players settle/grow into the league.

Noises in Spain confirms that viera is close to joining Swansea...they have meet valuation of the player...so I am confident that we are very close to sign sigurdson.

RK said he liked Keane
The Mosh got Keane
RK said he liked Rooney
The Mosh got Rooney
RK said he liked Klassen
The Mosh got Klassen
RK said he liked Pickford
The Mosh got Pickford
RK said he liked Sandro
The Mosh got Sandro
RK said he liked Henry
The Mosh got Henry
RK said he liked Siggy

You get the drift
Chill lads the Mosh has this

D'you think United were worried about that when they bought RVP Zat, or Chelsea when they bought Luiz last year?

I understand the logic mate, but we've brought in players so far who - apart from Rooney - are all under the age of 25.

Now's the time to go out and get the proven players we need in the attacking areas to ensure we have the quality right from the off, while other players settle/grow into the league.

RVP went to Utd and won them the league
Luiz went to Chelsea as the final part of conte's jigsaw

Sigurdsson....well....?

Agree!

A balance of potential and proven is the way forward. Not every signing needs to have a sell on value, at 27 you would be hoping you get 5 years out of them and have them at their peak.

Noises in Spain confirms that viera is close to joining Swansea...they have meet valuation of the player...so I am confident that we are very close to sign sigurdson.

Has flop written all over him. Swansea going down this year unless they make an inspired couple of signings...

I'd rather win silverware THIS season.

We'll have plenty of sell on value if our youth production line continues as it is & Walsh keeps hoovering up the Lookmans & DCLs & Bowlers..

If Koeman identifies players who can get us top 4 this season, then the rewards for that way outweigh a few million in sell ons.

I'd rather win silverware THIS season.

We'll have plenty of sell on value if our youth production line continues as it is & Walsh keeps hoovering up the Lookmans & DCLs & Bowlers..

If Koeman identifies players who can get us top 4 this season, then the rewards for that way outweigh a few million in sell ons.

On an excitement level of 1-10 how excited are you about spending big on Sigurdsson?

I've had an update from my mate at
Swansea, unfortunately nothing specifically on Siggy as he said 'the powers that be are keeping their cards very close to their chest' make what will you will of that. However more importantly he told me that the club had 'tabled a record bid for a Spanish midfielder over £20m'. I wasn't told who, but I'm hoping they are spending the money they are due to receive from us and that he is the ice mans replacement.

@orly
Also being linked with Bony going back there from City. Could be they're spending the money before announcing the Gylfi transfer, like we did with Rom's money. Its where is he going now? Us or Leicester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back