£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of a sell on value is that in 3 seasons time when hes 31 and were looking to move him on and upgrade we wont receive much money for him and others may not want to cover his high salary.

I'd rather go for players whose value should increase and then we know that even if we want to offload them we can bring in decent money for an alternative or an upgrade.

Screw sell-on value. I don't want another Lukaku type scenario every few seasons.

You can't do that every time, otherwise you're always playing potential on the field rather than the finished product, and when you get close to having the finished product you are selling them on and starting again.

Sometimes you have to bring in the proven commodity to compliment emerging talent throughout the team.

Sigurdsson is a good player. It makes sense to bring him in - for the right fee.

Oh, don't get me wrong if it was VVD or a big money centre back then id be all for it.

Sigurdsson doesn't seem to add much value to our team...40mil just seems insane. I cant even figure out where he would play.

Swansea need to ask for big money as they don't have any/many top players and have relegation risk...we shouldn't be paying these fees though.

So you think for £50m we (Everton) could get someone better than Sigurdsson but can only name Mata as someone we might be able to get? I don't understand the logic.

Yes i believe there are better players than Sigurdsson, apologies if you are angered by this.
If you read it over that was premier league players based in his position, which is why i was talking about getting someone from abroad.

Yes i believe there are better players than Sigurdsson, apologies if you are angered by this.
If you read it over that was premier league players based in his position, which is why i was talking about getting someone from abroad.

I'm not angered just see a lot of posts like yours and when pressed no one can name a player of equal attainability to Sigurdsson that's cheaper and better whether PL or abroad.

Honestly don't know mate. Gylfi wouldn't be my first choice as I just don't see enough magic there from open play.
Sigurdsson is a very good premierleague proven player who i think would add a lot to our team. He's probably one of, if not the best player in his position outside the top 7 but premiership prices are silly now and for 50million in Spain or Italy you get players 1 or 2 levels above Sigurdsson but risk that they just might not settle in our league.

Sell on worries is so old Everton

For years we moan that we sell our best players...now we're looking at players to move the club on to another level, on the pitch, by taking other clubs best players, we're worried we won't be able too sell em !!!

While I'm not sold on siggy ...couldn't give a rats arse about his sell on value

Agreed. I'd also add I want players who can improve.

Gylfi is as good as he'll be.

He is a low ceiling, low floor signing in that he'll do as well for us as he did for Swansea but we aren't going to see him turning into a world beater.

If the fee were even £25m I'd say fair enough, not who I'd have chosen but the manager clearly rates him. I did that with Bolasie last year where I worried about him playing as part of a front 3 given he doesn't score goals.

At £50m (almost £100m with wages+costs over 5 years) it just strikes me as crazy. £50m buys you almost any player in the world not currently at an elite team. If in the entire world the best use of £100m in fees+wages+costs is a 28 year old who has spent most of their career in the bottom half of leagues then I'd question our scouting.

For him to cost £100m over five years he'd have to be on two hundred grand a week.

So no. He's not going to cost us £100m.

Sigurdsson is a very good premierleague proven player who i think would add a lot to our team. He's probably one of, if not the best player in his position outside the top 7 but premiership prices are silly now and for 50million in Spain or Italy you get players 1 or 2 levels above Sigurdsson but risk that they just might not settle in our league.

If he signs then I hope he's ace. Just not that bothered at the moment.

I WANT MAGIC

Oh, don't get me wrong if it was VVD or a big money centre back then id be all for it.

Sigurdsson doesn't seem to add much value to our team...40mil just seems insane. I cant even figure out where he would play.

Swansea need to ask for big money as they don't have any/many top players and have relegation risk...we shouldn't be paying these fees though.

Koeman wants him. Clearly he knows exactly where he wants him to play. What formation struggles you're having in your head are totally irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back