£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not angered just see a lot of posts like yours and when pressed no one can name a player of equal attainability to Sigurdsson that's cheaper and better whether PL or abroad.

Sigurdsson hasn't been that attainable though has he. Calhanoglu, Tolisso, Banega all would of been better options and attainable IMO. However i do trust in the manager and walsh over my own opinion so i do consider myself to be wrong and you right.

Sigurdsson hasn't been that attainable though has he. Calhanoglu, Tolisso, Banega all would of been better options and attainable IMO. However i do trust in the manager and walsh over my own opinion so i do consider myself to be wrong and you right.

It's an absurd fee I agree just see lots of shouts for players that would never ever come here. Tolisso for example no chance.

"Rather Sigurdsson who is younger I believe"

Since when has months mattered lol

Well there's always an argument over age... was just pointing out that I thought Gylfi was a bit younger. But yeh, same age - Gylfi a month older.

Also, proven in the Prem. And just in general a better player.

If he signs then I hope he's ace. Just not that bothered at the moment.

I WANT MAGIC

Same add some magic to this team and I will be very excited.

I am not a top FM nerd but surely some of Europes big teams will have top class players looking for more game time in a World Cup year.

Likes of PSG, Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, Inter, Juventus etc....

Someone hit me a few names

Calhanoglu - if you think Gylfi is a set-piece merchant, then God knows what Hakhan is...

Tolisso - one of Europe's brightest prospects. No chance we were ever in for him, plus he plays in a position we're well-stocked in.

Banega - again, can only play centrally. totally wasted out wide, which is where I think Gylfi would play with the freedom to roam inside. Banega needs time and space to run the game from deep.

Me neither mate, a lot of money for a dead ball merchant.
I like Sigurdsson as a player and would definitely bring something to the squad. But since we bought Rooney, I really think he's already added a lot of those qualities we were missing. Plus I find it hard to imagine both Siggy and Rooney in the same team. I appreciate there is the risk of injuries plus a lot of football (hopefully) to be played this season, but £45/50m, plus wages of over £100k pw, is a lot of money for a squad player. Unless Rooney will be the squad player, when we have the same issue over his wages. Plus neither player will be happy with not playing all the big games.

Don't get me wrong, if we do get him I'll be made up as he's quality. But if we decide not to go for him, I'm not going to cry in my soup either. Provided we bring in another quality attacking midfielder of course, just somebody who brings a lightly different skill set to the party.

It's an absurd fee I agree just see lots of shouts for players that would never ever come here. Tolisso for example no chance.

depends when other clubs made approaches i guess. i just think for that fee we could be getting midfielders of a better quality, i don't hate Sigurdsson, don't know the bloke. Think i'm just getting carried away, been a long time since Everton were doing what we are now and maybe we aren't at the status yet to get better players.

Calhanoglu - if you think Gylfi is a set-piece merchant, then God knows what Hakhan is...

Tolisso - one of Europe's brightest prospects. No chance we were ever in for him, plus he plays in a position we're well-stocked in.

Banega - again, can only play centrally. totally wasted out wide, which is where I think Gylfi would play with the freedom to roam inside. Banega needs time and space to run the game from deep.

Calhanoglu is a better set piece merchant - going off Youtube videos, cant say i watch that much German football.

the other two you are probably correct - i'm not totally against him, just think there must be more exciting options available for that money, surely.

Tolisso just went to Bayern? One of the worlds biggest clubs, how can you consider him as a better option? was never an option to start with.

Same can be said about Calhangolu, Milan a similar level to EFC over past few years but still one of the worlds biggest clubs and a much more attractive option right now. Again not an option. Also a big IF to say he'd out perform Gylfi in the prem.

And Banega struggled to impress for a side who were probably in between Everton and Southampton's level last season, in a worse league. So to suggest he would perform to a higher level than Sigurdsson in the PL is a huge IF. He got under half the assists of Sig last season.

Still to see anyone name a player who would be better for us than Sig, who we could possibly sign, for less money?

I like Sigurdsson as a player and would definitely bring something to the squad. But since we bought Rooney, I really think he's already added a lot of those qualities we were missing. Plus I find it hard to imagine both Siggy and Rooney in the same team. I appreciate there is the risk of injuries plus a lot of football (hopefully) to be played this season, but £45/50m, plus wages of over £100k pw, is a lot of money for a squad player. Unless Rooney will be the squad player, when we have the same issue over his wages. Plus neither player will be happy with not playing all the big games.

Don't get me wrong, if we do get him I'll be made up as he's quality. But if we decide not to go for him, I'm not going to cry in my soup either. Provided we bring in another quality attacking midfielder of course, just somebody who brings a lightly different skill set to the party.

Pretty much my opinion mate - we could get him and he could be quality for us, he's by no means bad. I just think there must be better players available for that amount, some sort or exciting signing. I'm basically after for a 40m bid for some unheard Brazilian that in two years we sell for 80m.

Calhanoglu is a better set piece merchant - going off Youtube videos, cant say i watch that much German football.

the other two you are probably correct - i'm not totally against him, just think there must be more exciting options available for that money, surely.

Gylfi isn't just a set-piece merchant though matey, was my point. Calhanoglu's impact from open play isn't massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back