£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I'd also add I want players who can improve.

Gylfi is as good as he'll be.

He is a low ceiling, low floor signing in that he'll do as well for us as he did for Swansea but we aren't going to see him turning into a world beater.

If the fee were even £25m I'd say fair enough, not who I'd have chosen but the manager clearly rates him. I did that with Bolasie last year where I worried about him playing as part of a front 3 given he doesn't score goals.

At £50m (almost £100m with wages+costs over 5 years) it just strikes me as crazy. £50m buys you almost any player in the world not currently at an elite team. If in the entire world the best use of £100m in fees+wages+costs is a 28 year old who has spent most of their career in the bottom half of leagues then I'd question our scouting.

Oh Bolasie was just throwing money in the bin...nothing player with bad stats who I doubt we would have signed if walsh had come in sooner.

Sigurdsson is a good player...like you say, 25mil maybe even 30mil would be 'acceptable' but any more than that seems strange for a 7/10 player...big money should be spent on X-factor types or those who are going to be or are the best in their position.

The United team with the class of 92 in it would have won the square root of nothing without that VERY experienced top core of the team they supplemented around, and by the time those experienced players moved on, the class of 92 players then had that experience to carry on and build the team around

Which of those would you compare Sigurdsson to? Didn't they have a solid keeper, Keane in the centre and defence + added Cantona?

Think we would be better off going for the defenders and the Cantona match winner myself...or is that meant to be rooney?

It all seems bizarre tbh...was going so well on paper till Sigurdsson and Cuco

Silence on this is probably a good sign, at least if only for a few days more.

Swansea are probably trying to tie up a couple of signings themselves first, including this Vieira guy.

If it definitively wasn't going ahead, it would be in Swansea's interest to make that public and declare battle won.

Still confident on this, with reservations on the fee as per many others.

Would be nice to have him in time for the Europa League.

He was at Lyon, unsure how long Bayern had him basically agreed, he was just an example. However i'm interested to where Lyon position in your index? i'd say between Southampton and Stoke.

I don't know who would join us but there are definitely better players out there. Sigurdsson hasn't been exactly easy to purchase and i don't hate him.

Doesn't matter how good Lyon are compared to us, he could be playing for Prescot Cables and still choose Bayern over us. And I'd say Lyon are at least our level now on last years index mate

apart from one reported 32 million bid have we been back to bid more ?
leicester have bid 40 million
Spurs are lurking around like a bad smell too!

I read Leicester bumped their wage deal up too. They proper want him.

Think we should just move on

Oh Bolasie was just throwing money in the bin...nothing player with bad stats who I doubt we would have signed if walsh had come in sooner.

Sigurdsson is a good player...like you say, 25mil maybe even 30mil would be 'acceptable' but any more than that seems strange for a 7/10 player...big money should be spent on X-factor types or those who are going to be or are the best in their position.

Which of those would you compare Sigurdsson to? Didn't they have a solid keeper, Keane in the centre and defence + added Cantona?

Think we would be better off going for the defenders and the Cantona match winner myself...or is that meant to be rooney?

It all seems bizarre tbh...was going so well on paper till Sigurdsson and Cuco
Stop chatting bollox Zat. Please...

You know this how?
CPP_Sauces.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back