£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mirror are suggesting we have cooled our interest and moved on the Viera from Malaga. Swansea have apparently had a 25m bid rejected for him - supposedly he would have been the Icelandic's replacement.

Perhaps there are games afoot or absolutely nothing in it.

He wants to join Everton.

Our wage offer will be more than Leicester can offer.

Will it be? I read the wage offer and transfer fee is more than our offer.

Unless he lobs a transfer request, I can't see Swansea taking less of a transfer fee than what Leicester have offered.

Oh Bolasie was just throwing money in the bin...nothing player with bad stats who I doubt we would have signed if walsh had come in sooner.

Sigurdsson is a good player...like you say, 25mil maybe even 30mil would be 'acceptable' but any more than that seems strange for a 7/10 player...big money should be spent on X-factor types or those who are going to be or are the best in their position.

Which of those would you compare Sigurdsson to? Didn't they have a solid keeper, Keane in the centre and defence + added Cantona?

Think we would be better off going for the defenders and the Cantona match winner myself...or is that meant to be rooney?

It all seems bizarre tbh...was going so well on paper till Sigurdsson and Cuco

He doesn't compare to one individual player mate, it is about ensuring you have experience which is capable of adding to a youthful squad, Sigurdsson brings that, as does Rooney, and hopefully as will Giroud if he arrives.

because we have a LOT of inexperienced players who are likelyu to be playing a whole lot of games for us next season.

Pickford, Kenny, Keane, Davies, Sandro, - all 5 will play 30+ games and 4 are nailed on starters, and the most experienced of them is Keane wuith one full season - all the rest lack that so far.

if there aren't better players out there for 50mill, then footy is in a bad way

Double figure assists and goals pretty much he will be bringing to us, combined with no one covered more distance than him in total over the league last season, and that isn't an easy combination of qualities to go and find.

Koeman wants to add goals, assists and wants players who can put in the work-rate and pressing that he requires for his system, in these regards - Sigurdsson ticks every box.

Will it be? I read the wage offer and transfer fee is more than our offer.

Unless he lobs a transfer request, I can't see Swansea taking less of a transfer fee than what Leicester have offered.

We've offered £40m. Same as Leicester.

We would be able to better his wages.

I really can't see us losing out to Leicester on this.

Even Swansea fans reckon the whole Leicester story is just them trying to prod us into paying the £50m, a bit like the Viera to us story is probably Las Palmas trying to scare them/us trying to scare them.

This is the last chance for Swansea to make a lot of money on sigurdson...they can play hardball as much as they want...the only thing this is going to achieve is either have a very unhappy player for the season or sale the player for less than the 40 million we offered closer to deadline...they are losing on both cases...Viera talk is I think only to put pressure on Swansea...no way we will pay 27 million for a nobody from a nobody team in Spain...if we did then we are in big trouble because this viera guy is not even worth half of his release clause

Double figure assists and goals pretty much he will be bringing to us, combined with no one covered more distance than him in total over the league last season, and that isn't an easy combination of qualities to go and find.

Koeman wants to add goals, assists and wants players who can put in the work-rate and pressing that he requires for his system, in these regards - Sigurdsson ticks every box.
a hard worker, decent player, good at set pieces, a fine set of skills, but I remain unconvinced on him being an elite player worthy of that sort of price, top class midfielders run games

a hard worker, decent player, good at set pieces, a fine set of skills, but I remain unconvinced on him being an elite player worthy of that sort of price, top class midfielders run games

I'd say the definition on top class would be to make a significant difference to a team, at Swansea he was the difference almost certainly in keeping them up for the last two seasons, can guarantee you one thing, none of our midifelders over the past ten years could have done that for a team like Swansea, including Arteta, Cahill or Barkley.

Dismissing him as not top class because he doesn't run every game for Swansea is a little bit mental really mate, you could stick a peak Cantona in that side and he wouldn't run the game all the time either, a huge amount of games they where getting absolutely battered by the opponents and how is one player supposed to control a game in those circumstances?

What he did do is make the difference in pretty much every game they got a result in, and in the other games at least didn't go missing and put the effort in that a lot wouldn't have

We've offered £40m. Same as Leicester.

We would be able to better his wages.

I really can't see us losing out to Leicester on this.

Even Swansea fans reckon the whole Leicester story is just them trying to prod us into paying the £50m, a bit like the Viera to us story is probably Las Palmas trying to scare them/us trying to scare them.

I know, that you know, that I know ?

There's a song in there somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back