Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

A proper long-winded Nordic saga this is turning out to be. Swansea want to retain him and he appears happy enough to stay there.

Stalemate?

To be fair they won a lot at youth level.

That being said I remember a rare Paul scholes interview, where the interviewer joked about the "win nothing with kids" line. Scholes said they were right. They won the league down to cantona and Schmeichel carrying the younger players.
And a bucket load of youthful talent that weren't afraid of anything cos Sir Red Nose told 'em how good they were.

And kept telling them.

Rooney left at 17 and win everything at club level and come back for retirement. Doubt he's swayed Ross much!
He came back after winning EVERYTHING! Of course that sways players. Especially those who are a bit dim. If I was to leave Everton and had a fella coming back who's done the lot, I'd wanna stay.

Wouldn't wanna leave in the first place either tbh.

There are 71 players who created more open-play chances than Sigurdsson in the Premier League last season.

Seriously?

Sigurdsson created 9 of his 10 assists in 2014/15 in open play.

This means he can contribute in open play. Why did he then only register 5 last season?

Swansea's goal scorers last season

KcjnwsejR6aM3FS5JZQPUw.png

Llorente (ST), Fer (CM), Mawson (CB), Routledge (RW), Olsson (LB)

6 of Llorente's 15 goals were from set pieces. 8 headers.

3 of Fer's 6 goals were from set pieces.

4 of Mawson's 4 goals were from set pieces.

How is Sigurdsson going to get assists in open play, when none of his team mates are good in open play?

I doubt there is anybody better than him at passing or crossing the ball on both feet in the league.

MerYoJF1STaUJD5wxOojyA.png

Yet between January 2015 & May 2016, Sigurdsson only officially registered 4 assists in 55 appearances, 7%.

Before and after that dry-spell, Sigurdsson registered 27 assists in 69 appearances, 37.5%

Sigurdsson shouldn't only be 4th place in the assist table over the past 3 seasons, 26 assists in 104 appearances is 24.5%

If he kept up his 37.5% assist ratio, then he would have 39 assists in 104 appearances according to the projected statistics.

He is 2nd in the goals/assists table, but should be leading it.

Doing it with awful players compared to the likes of the top 6. It's not like he cant score goals either..

Both feet, volleys, headers, inside or outside the box, either side of the pitch, low driven punts or curlers with finesse, free-kicks, penalties.. He offers everything in regards to scoring goals.

Everton is about to sign the most both footed shooter, passer & crosser in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back