Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't think he's poor mate; we just don't think he's better than Messi, Pele and Maradona combined. You clearly do, and that's fine.

He's only better than those players in the sense that he can play CM/DM. Or at least Messi.

Messi doesn't have half of Sigurdsson's ability, yet he makes up for it by having vastly superior reaction timing, acceleration and dribbling ability.

Sigurdsson on the other hand, can defend better, head better, take free-kicks/set-pieces/penalties better, his weaker foot is on another planet compared to Messi's. His heading, his pressuring, his long shots, his crosses..

Messi makes up for all of it by just being that much faster. But no other Playmaker is fast enough to make up for Gylfi's superior variety of through balls/crosses & shots.

Maybe if Sigurdsson took PED's such as HGH then maybe he would be stronger and faster? But then he wouldn't be as injury free as he currently is.

Sigurdsson's only weakness is his lack of pace. You cant dispute anything else about his game because he's more complete than any player in the Everton side, or the top 6. You cant name anybody overall more complete as an overall player than him.

Only one way to find out.

@SiggyTheBlue - Randy Lerner was misunderstood and Aston Villa are in a far better position financially than Everton and that will show itself over the next five years.

I'll be brutally honest, I have no clue who Randy Lerner is nor do I care at all about Aston Villa.

I was curious why people were asking me to talk about Aston Villa's financial situation, so thank you for informing me where that came from.

For a bit of context, this day last year - we appointed Walsh...

Puts into light the amount of difference it makes to this summer over last

Walsh tried to sign Gylfi 3 times for Leicester. Before, during & after their title winning season.

Walsh signed Kante for the exact same reason as he's trying to sign Sigurdsson. The only difference is, he's not getting Sigurdsson at a bargain price.

Gylfi is also a moneyball transfer, even at £50 million.

Stats

Averaged 18 goals/assists each season since 2014/15. The highest in the PL.

2nd in goals scored, and tied 3rd for most assists. And has the most free-kick goals.

And also averaged the least amount of passes per assist(80), chance created(14.5) & key pass(17.5) in the league. By far.

As a Playmaker, 6'2 Siggy was considered too slow for most scouts. But the numbers told a story that the eye missed.

A few seasons ago, Everton could've snapped him up for £8-12 million. Last season he was £25 million and now he is £50 million. It's Everton's fault for not having bid higher & offered more money earlier.

The £50 million price tag will be peanuts in comparison if Everton get into the top 4, or win a trophy.

Just pay the £50m. Walker has gone to City for that so in my eyes that sounds like a bargain.
We are not Man City, their rules are different to everybody else..

That's before taking into consideration Walker is the second best player In his position in the league, is Gilfy?

Then the English premium and moving from a top club to another top club who are rivals, not relegation fodder Swansea, we could buy their club for 60M.

He's only better than those players in the sense that he can play CM/DM. Or at least Messi.

Messi doesn't have half of Sigurdsson's ability, yet he makes up for it by having vastly superior reaction timing, acceleration and dribbling ability.

Sigurdsson on the other hand, can defend better, head better, take free-kicks/set-pieces/penalties better, his weaker foot is on another planet compared to Messi's. His heading, his pressuring, his long shots, his crosses.. But Messi makes up all of this by just being that much faster.

Maybe if Sigurdsson took PED's such as HGH then maybe he would be stronger and faster? But then he wouldn't be as injury free as he currently is.

Sigurdsson's only weakness is his lack of pace. You cant dispute anything else about his game because he's more complete than any player in the Everton side, or the top 6. You cant name anybody overall more complete as an overall player than him.

I'll be brutally honest, I have no clue who Randy Lerner is nor do I care at all about Aston Villa.

But I was curious to why people were asking me to talk about Aston Villa's financial situation, so thank you for informing me where that came from.

Walsh tried to sign Gylfi 3 times for Leicester. Before, during & after their title winning season.

Walsh signed Kante for the exact same reason as he's trying to sign Sigurdsson. The only difference is, he's not getting Sigurdsson at a bargain price.

2nd in goals scored, and tied 3rd for most assists. And has the most free-kick goals.

And also averaged the least amount of passes per assist(80), chance created(14.5) & key pass(17.5) in the league. By far.

As a Playmaker, 6'2 Siggy was considered too slow for most scouts. But the numbers told a story that the eye missed.

A few seasons ago, Everton could've snapped him up for £8-12 million. Last season he was £25 million and now he is £50 million. It's Everton's fault for not having bid higher & offered more money earlier.

The £50 million price tag will be peanuts in comparison if Everton get into the top 4, or win a trophy.

the info started off well some time this morning right!? now you are putting people off him lol as you're his agent shouldn't you be striking a deal between the clubs? we can't do anything to help the deal through, save your energy ;)

We are not Man City, their rules are different to everybody else..

That's before taking into consideration Walker is the second best player In his position in the league, is Gilfy?

Gylfi literally is 1st on the list of most goals & assists out of any midfielder since 2014/15. So no, he's not the 2nd best he's in fact outright the best. And that's not the only statistic he is beating the rest of the Playmakers in.

Then the English premium and moving from a top club to another top club who are rivals, not relegation fodder Swansea, we could buy their club for 60M.

Apparently Barcelona bid £72 million for Coutinho

Yet Sigurdsson isn't even worth £50 million according to you.

Lets compare them, shall we?

Since 2014/15

Coutinho: 92 apps, 26 goals & 17 assists. 43 goals/assists
Sigurdsson: 104 apps, 27 goals & 27 assists. 54 goals/assists

Coutinho has 17 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 44 appearances. 38.5%
Sigurdsson has 26 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 49 appearances. 53%

Coutinho has 2 goals on his left, Sigurdsson has 7.

Coutinho cant play CM/DM or ST/CF/SS like Sigurdsson.

So how can he be worth £72 million and Sigurdsson is barely even worth £40 million? Is being 3 years younger really worth £32 million?

Coutinho after 5 years will be 30 years old. Sigurdsson will be 32.

Who is going to age worse, a player who heavily relies on pace to dribble & run past others to get his shot off..

Or a player who adapted his style of play around being slow & weak? Gylfi could play in the PL for another 10 years.

Sigurdsson on the other hand, can defend better, head better, take free-kicks/set-pieces/penalties better, his weaker foot is on another planet compared to Messi's. His heading, his pressuring, his long shots, his crosses..

Messi makes up for all of it by just being that much faster. But no other Playmaker is fast enough to make up for Gylfi's superior variety of through balls/crosses & shots.

I was curious why people were asking me to talk about Aston Villa's financial situation, so thank you for informing me where that came from.

Stats

To be honest mate I want to like you I really do, you're a grafter and your heart is in the right place but you're talking waffle, I let you off earlier in the thread when you said he's got better technique than De Bruyne, but I can't have you saying he's got twice the ability of Messi.

I'm just gobsmacked

Gylfi literally is 1st on the list of most goals & assists out of any midfielder since 2014/15. So no, he's not the 2nd best he's in fact outright the best. And that's not the only statistic he is beating the rest of the Playmakers in.

Apparently Barcelona bid £72 million for Coutinho

Yet Sigurdsson isn't even worth £50 million according to you.

Lets compare them, shall we?

Since 2014/15

Coutinho: 92 apps, 26 goals & 17 assists. 43 goals/assists
Sigurdsson: 104 apps, 27 goals & 27 assists. 54 goals/assists

Coutinho has 17 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 44 appearances. 38.5%
Sigurdsson has 26 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 49 appearances. 53%

Coutinho has 2 goals on his left, Sigurdsson has 7.

Coutinho cant play CM/DM or ST/CF/SS like Sigurdsson.

So how can he be worth £72 million and Sigurdsson is barely even worth £40 million? Is being 3 years younger really worth £32 million?

Coutinho after 5 years will be 30 years old. Sigurdsson will be 32.

Who is going to age worse, a player who heavily relies on pace to dribble & run past others to get his shot off..

Or a player who adapted his style of play around being slow & weak? Gylfi could play in the PL for another 10 years.

To be honest mate I want to like you I really do, you're a grafter and your heart is in the right place but you're talking waffle, I let you off earlier in the thread when you said he's got better technique than De Bruyne, but I can't have you saying he's got twice the ability of Messi.

I'm just gobsmacked

Twice the ability as in, he can do everything equal on his weaker foot which Messi cant.

The comparison is a mismatch based on that fact alone, but let me just pour some more salt in your wounds.

Are you going to argue that Messi is better at defending or heading?

What about free-kicks, set-pieces & penalties?

What about volleys? When was the last time you saw Messi score a volley.

Sigurdsson curb stomps Messi in regards to overall ability, and it's not even close. Messi however, is the world's best passer and is the best at dribbling past others. He has the best control of the ball and several other things that make him by far the best Playmaker on the planet.

The fact that Messi is world class on one foot, but faster than everybody else makes him the best Playmaker on the planet.

Let's compare him to ronaldo. Ronaldo, who is better at heading, defending, better weak foot, better at playing inside the box.. Messi might be a better Playmaker than Ronaldo because of his superior vision & passing ability, but other than that I know who I would prefer at striker or on the wing.

Messi doesn't have half of Sigurdsson's ability.

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

Twice the ability as in, he can do everything equal on his weaker foot which Messi cant.

The comparison is a mismatch based on that fact alone, but let me just pour some more salt in your wounds.

Sigurdsson curb stomps Messi in regards to overall ability, and it's not even close. Messi however, is the world's best passer and is the best at dribbling past others. He has the best control of the ball and several other things that make him by far the best Playmaker on the planet.

The fact that Messi is world class on one foot, but faster than everybody else makes him the best Playmaker on the planet.

Let's compare him to ronaldo. Ronaldo, who is better at heading, defending, better weak foot, better at playing inside the box.. Messi might be a better Playmaker than Ronaldo because of his superior vision & passing ability, but other than that I know who I would prefer at striker or on the wing.
This has got to be a wind up?

Passing wise? No. They're equal, if not Messi is better technique wise.

Everything else? Absolutely. Messi is one footed, take away his speed and you have a one footed dwarf with zero heading/defensive ability. It's a mismatch comparison.

Pogba for an example, also has twice the ability of Messi. Does it make him a better player? God no.

Did I say Sigurdsson is a better player? Maybe overall in the sense that he has more ability, variety and can play more positions&/roles.

Shutit Damon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back