Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jealousy.

They can't handle the fact that someone can write a fully justified explanaition of why they rate a player without using the term 'SWERVE' or personally insulting the player.

Next time I'd like you to place a little more faith in what we bait.

Unless of course you think Sigurdsson is twice as good as Messi, but Messi is just faster.

I honestly hope we don't sign the seal massacring Koresh if this is what his followers are like.

Jealousy.

They can't handle the fact that someone can write a fully justified explanaition of why they rate a player without using the term 'SWERVE' or personally insulting the player.

tumblr_mugux2rumf1rdh9azo1_400.gif

Twice the ability as in, he can do everything equal on his weaker foot which Messi cant.

The comparison is a mismatch based on that fact alone, but let me just pour some more salt in your wounds.

Are you going to argue that Messi is better at defending or heading?

What about free-kicks, set-pieces & penalties?

What about volleys? When was the last time you saw Messi score a volley.

Sigurdsson curb stomps Messi in regards to overall ability, and it's not even close. Messi however, is the world's best passer and is the best at dribbling past others. He has the best control of the ball and several other things that make him by far the best Playmaker on the planet.

The fact that Messi is world class on one foot, but faster than everybody else makes him the best Playmaker on the planet.

Let's compare him to ronaldo. Ronaldo, who is better at heading, defending, better weak foot, better at playing inside the box.. Messi might be a better Playmaker than Ronaldo because of his superior vision & passing ability, but other than that I know who I would prefer at striker or on the wing.

Seriously, some of what youve posted has merit. This makes you look like a swivel eyed loony.

Messi's free kicks are not too shabby imho.

His volleying skills are probably above average too.

And he's scored more goals on his weaker foot (62) than Siggy has. In total. Siggy has 42 goals in total. Messi has scored 62 with his right foot alone.

Messi has also scored more with his head (18) to Siggy's (2). Basically, Siggy would have to play another century or so just to draw level.

Siggy has scored 7 free kick goals in his career. Messi has 22.

Just remove that post. It's given me eye AIDS.

I'm a huge fan of his, and have been for many, many years. So obviously I'm bias.

Watching these two goals live made me never doubt or question his ability ever again.

People act like it is wrong, blasphemous, and sinful to suggest, imply or help other people come to the conclusion that Gylfi Sigurdsson is among the best Playmakers in the world.

None of the other Playmakers have ever or will ever possess Gylfi's shooting or crossing ability. On both feet. Only Fabregas has similar or superior passing ability on both feet out of those players.

Statistics don't lie. He's miles ahead of them in efficiency and doing so with an awful team. When Sigurdsson has gotten 10-13 assists in a season for Swansea in the past, it would've been a 15-20+ assist season for one of the top 6.

Yet people act like he's only getting 10-13 assists because he plays for a bad team? It makes no sense. It's not easier creating chances for a terrible team, when you can get an assist for Kane/Son shooting & scoring out of nothing outside of the box.

Gylfi 26 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 49 appearances. 53%

Lukaku 25 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 57 appearances. 44%

It's not like Sigurdsson cant player striker either. He has 12 goals/assists in 12 apps as ST/CF/SS for Swansea.

I wouldn't prefer him over Giroud/Benteke upfront, but Gylfi would nonetheless score 15-20+ goals in the league as a striker.

Ironically, Shelvey was on set piece/corner & free kick duty during 2014/15. That's why 14 of Gylfi's 17 goals/assists were in open play that season.

But you're obviously a WUM/Troll/etc but I appreciate you nonetheless! Keep up the good work, sonny.

Requiem for a Siggy, in bookstores near you!

85ENOm0IR_OilS16uyjqtQ.png

yY5uGlI2Q4SLgx4ZZ5yycg.png

Now that's one fine book!

Gylfi got 22 goals/assists last season in the PL, Shelvey had 14 goals/assists in the Championship.

The last time Gylfi played in the Championship, he was 20 years old and scored/assisted 25 goals/assists. Gylfi at 20 was miles ahead of Shelvey.

I've watched Swansea for about 3½ seasons now, obviously I'll know what number Swansea's former starting RB is. Just like you know that Coleman's number is 23.

That would be implying I have the time and patience to stick around. I'm here to clear up common misconceptions on one of your new signings, and I am more than well aware over the fact that I am not appreciated for doing so. So you don't have to worry about me ''all season'' or at all.

Once Everton fans see how good he is, I wont have any reason to post anymore. You'll be enjoying his goals and I'll maybe look over the threads just to see people like you eating your words.

I'll wait for the movie, thanks.

Davo, admin on TEF, says there has been good progress in agreeing a deal. Not sure if he is reliable but I'd imagine that he knows people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back