Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
90eba9f19cb485370632833a70258e56.gif

He's only better than those players in the sense that he can play CM/DM. Or at least Messi.

Messi doesn't have half of Sigurdsson's ability, yet he makes up for it by having vastly superior reaction timing, acceleration and dribbling ability.

Sigurdsson on the other hand, can defend better, head better, take free-kicks/set-pieces/penalties better, his weaker foot is on another planet compared to Messi's. His heading, his pressuring, his long shots, his crosses..

Messi makes up for all of it by just being that much faster. But no other Playmaker is fast enough to make up for Gylfi's superior variety of through balls/crosses & shots.

Maybe if Sigurdsson took PED's such as HGH then maybe he would be stronger and faster? But then he wouldn't be as injury free as he currently is.

Sigurdsson's only weakness is his lack of pace. You cant dispute anything else about his game because he's more complete than any player in the Everton side, or the top 6. You cant name anybody overall more complete as an overall player than him.

I'll be brutally honest, I have no clue who Randy Lerner is nor do I care at all about Aston Villa.

I was curious why people were asking me to talk about Aston Villa's financial situation, so thank you for informing me where that came from.

Walsh tried to sign Gylfi 3 times for Leicester. Before, during & after their title winning season.

Walsh signed Kante for the exact same reason as he's trying to sign Sigurdsson. The only difference is, he's not getting Sigurdsson at a bargain price.

Gylfi is also a moneyball transfer, even at £50 million.

Stats

Averaged 18 goals/assists each season since 2014/15. The highest in the PL.

2nd in goals scored, and tied 3rd for most assists. And has the most free-kick goals.

And also averaged the least amount of passes per assist(80), chance created(14.5) & key pass(17.5) in the league. By far.

As a Playmaker, 6'2 Siggy was considered too slow for most scouts. But the numbers told a story that the eye missed.

A few seasons ago, Everton could've snapped him up for £8-12 million. Last season he was £25 million and now he is £50 million. It's Everton's fault for not having bid higher & offered more money earlier.

The £50 million price tag will be peanuts in comparison if Everton get into the top 4, or win a trophy.

Did you just say messi has half of siggurdsson's ability? Good lord

Is that a sly-dig at me implying nobody cares or is reading what I'm saying? Because if so, nice one.

Ah yes, those infamous back heel dead balls. Cant forget those both footed through ball free-kicks either!

Gylfi Sigurdsson is overall superior to any of the Playmakers in open play. Crosses, through balls or shots. None of them possess his both footed ability or shooting/crossing ability. Fabregas is probably the only Playmaker with equal or better passing on both feet, the rest are one footed.

Sigurdsson still blows all of them out of the water with efficiency statistics, including Fabregas.

Yes.

tbf I still enjoyed the d12 track more than the highlights

He's only better than those players in the sense that he can play CM/DM. Or at least Messi.

Messi doesn't have half of Sigurdsson's ability, yet he makes up for it by having vastly superior reaction timing, acceleration and dribbling ability.

Sigurdsson on the other hand, can defend better, head better, take free-kicks/set-pieces/penalties better, his weaker foot is on another planet compared to Messi's. His heading, his pressuring, his long shots, his crosses..

Messi makes up for all of it by just being that much faster.

Hi WUM,

Can you please show me when deadball Gylfi scored 80+ goals in one season

Once again, the fact that you completely gave up and went completely silent after I fully explained what I meant. (regarding twice as much ability) You're basically proving that you have nothing worthwhile to say, and you're just one of the many WUM's on here.

But if you somehow grow the balls to make an actual valid point.. I'll gladly again put you in your place.

beDvsI6DR2KwKMlFnRw1sw.png

I even made it easy for you and you still stayed quiet.
Jeez I bet you got kicked a lot school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back