Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to sound like you know who, but only Sandro seems like a find really, the others any of us could of probably picked and probably would of guessed a lower price.
Jury is still out on some of the younger players like Lookman, but other than Sandro, I'm a bit disappointed by Walsh, but I really hope he succeeds.

The youngsters we've signed this window?

Get a grip.

You really think that Moshiri has said to Walsh 'here's the kitty lad, go and spend what you like'?

The proposal to make an initial offer of £40m will have been discussed between Walsh, Koeman, Kenwright, Moshiri and maybe others. But the ultimate decision will have been personally sanctioned by Moshiri. Absolutely no doubt. And the increment to £45m, the same. And every other increment.

You really think that spending almost twice the club record will be down to just Walsh?

Have a think about it will ya...

Not what I meant, I said if we end up paying £50m because Walsh hasn't identified a suitable alternative to Siggy (e.g. plan B) then that would be a failure on his part.

Not what I meant, I said if we end up paying £50m because Walsh hasn't identified a suitable alternative to Siggy (e.g. plan B) then that would be a failure on his part.
Isn't viera the plan B? Or was that just a ploy by Everton to get Swansea to agree to the deal.

To put this deal into perspective - yet again - Leeds are wanting £20m for Chris Wood.

Twenty.

Million.

Pounds.
And to counter that - yet again - the fact that some players are overpriced does not mean there is no value in the market. Not sure about you but in my opinion, Chris Wood is probably not 4 times as good as Sandro, or better than Jermain Defoe or Javier Hernandez. So all that news does for me is reinforces that you can be fleeced but don't need to be.

Ignoring all the other players we've bought like
As was pointed out previously
Sandro Rooney ( with half his wages paid upfront ) and Siggy for 56m
Not bad in today's market.
These lads know what they are doing
I fully realise they don't play FIFA 17 and may not even own a PlayStation
But a lad who is worth a few quid thinks it's worth paying them a nice salary to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back