Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realise I wasn't clear, but I don't think we're miles off getting top 4, and I wouldn't even put united down as certainties for a spot either. They've actually finished in a worse position 3 years in a row now. However out of the top 7, we're still the 7th best team, and that's before those teams have finished spending money. Still though, we're in a better position to push forward than we where last year.

The big question is how strong a team are we going to put out in the Europa league when the games are coming Thursday/Sunday. I'm not sure we're ready to fight on 4 fronts (including cups)- hence my original statement that I don't want to put all my eggs in the top 4 basket. Just give me a trophy please. I'll get down on my knees if I have to. Wait.. that didn't sound right
I agree the EL will give us the best of both worlds CL and a trophy
United got lucky last year when all CL groups went as expected and no big hitters entered the knock out stages of the EL
If we qualify for the group stages I'd hope RK would look at the domestic fixtures and pick and choose shock EL fixtures to target for wins.
3 home wins and a point away from home would more than likely qualify us.

I know what you mean, and obviously the club will offer whatever it wants for whoever it wants. In my opinion offering anywhere near £50m for Sigurdsson is madness, pure and simple, but I'm just a bloke offering an opinion, I know it makes no difference in reality.

The money offered for Sissoko and the complete mess we've made of Barkley's contractual situation (which could end up costing us £40m) mean my belief in the ability of the powers that be to make sound financial decisions when it comes to football matters is not unwavering, but I'll cheer just as loudly for Sigurdsson and Klaasen as I did for Lukaku and Barkley and would genuinely love to be proved wrong about the value they represent.
There is not we could have done to keep Lukaku , we were always a stepping stone for him
ROSS leaving baffles me
We are offering more than Spurs
He's not guaranteed game time with Spurs
So either it's he doesn't like the manager or in my opinion the stuff with supposed gangsters and getting sparked in a nightclub has frightened him and he's doing a runner for non football related reasons.

There is not we could have done to keep Lukaku , we were always a stepping stone for him
ROSS leaving baffles me
We are offering more than Spurs
He's not guaranteed game time with Spurs
So either it's he doesn't like the manager or in my opinion the stuff with supposed gangsters and getting sparked in a nightclub has frightened him and he's doing a runner for non football related reasons.

I don't think it's Spurs he's going to mate. Best bet is City, with United,(or more remotely Arsenal) an outside chance.

City would offer him well more than we have, and if he plays the game there he'd most likely pick up a few gongs over the seasons for his bit part in their inevitable success. Hell, he may even find the England door open to him again as a result...

I don't think it's Spurs he's going to mate. Best bet is City, with United,(or more remotely Arsenal) an outside chance.

City would offer him well more than we have, and if he plays the game there he'd most likely pick up a few gongs over the seasons for his bit part in their inevitable success. Hell, he may even find the England door open to him again as a result...
Hopefully it's City
If they paid 25 m for a full back cover player then 35/40 m for ROSS shouldn't be a problem
He won't get near their starting 11 he had to realise that.

Hopefully it's City
If they paid 25 m for a full back cover player then 35/40 m for ROSS shouldn't be a problem
He won't get near their starting 11 he had to realise that.

Why are you talking about soon to be ex - Everton player Ross Barkley in the Sigurdsson thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back