Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
possible undisclosed fee, to save face on both sides, press will estimate but the full details may stay between the clubs
Everyone will simply assume the £50M figure was reached because Swansea were and are in command of the situation whilst EFC's bidding has been desperate.

Reactions: dav
i remember when the rumoured amount was 30mill, then there was talk of 35m. they rejected a bid of 40m, then they rejected a bid of 45m. would of loved him for 40 mill but i seriously hope we walk away from this now. likely to go down anyway. player should hand in a transfer request.

no chance of him coming here but go and offer 50m to Hamsik or something. i would blow my load.

we have utterly no chance of landing hamsik, no chance.

We wasted last summer going after fanciful names and ended up wasting a year to an extent. Yeah we can get players cheaper, we could get players with better potential for cheaper too, but we're not going to be able to get a player who fits every single priority better than siggurdsson. He's the perfect player for instant progression.

Hamsik is one of the best players in the world, no chance he'd be tempted here.

The only one that is actually better than Gylfi is probably Goretzka and I doubt he'd be cheaper

i could definitely just randomly name players better than gylfi, was trying to keep them in the same ballpark. knowing the level of business we are capable of here at ev. im not gonna bother because id be wasting my time too

like i said, would blow my load, nothings changed.
joao mario
seri
goretzka
hakim ziyech
gomez (papu)

all players that should be moving on to bigger clubs or leagues. some are much cheaper and younger than 50m gylfi.
Seri is an option. First legit option I've seen. I love Sigurdsson, but if it allows us to go big on a striker like Benteke, it makes sense.

Mario went for 45M last year, so no, he won't be cheaper. Goretzka wouldn't come here, but if he did, wouldn't be any cheaper.

Ziyech is an option, it he's not in Sigurdsson's league.

Gomez would be interesting. He's 29 though.

We wasted last summer going after fanciful names and ended up wasting a year to an extent. Yeah we can get players cheaper, we could get players with better potential for cheaper too, but we're not going to be able to get a player who fits every single priority better than siggurdsson. He's the perfect player for instant progression.

yes was just using him as a player who is actually worth 50m. for me id rather we spent the money on a CB and striker. we have a full midfield as is

i could definitely just randomly name players better than gylfi, was trying to keep them in the same ballpark. knowing the level of business we are capable of here at ev. im not gonna bother because id be wasting my time too
it was at least an attempt. Deserve credit for that.

Seri is interesting, though. Seems pretty good with the free kick, too.

Also, "potential" means nothing until it is fulfilled. By all accounts, you will get what you see with Sigurdsson, and maybe a bit more playing with Everton. Whereas, as a random example of younger players with potential, Ross Barkley is still in the unfulfilled bracket (and might remain there if he is not too careful).

yes was just using him as a player who is actually worth 50m. for me id rather we spent the money on a CB and striker. we have a full midfield as is

think we still need a bit more creativity myself. Especially with ross off. Think we'll buy the other two you suggest as well though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back