Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or...wait till Tuesday when he will probably sign.

I saw on the Swansea forum it may be on hold due to year-end numbers.

31st May seems to be our year-end statement of accounts cut off, but a quick lazy google and this old article seems to confirm Swansea's falls on July 31st:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wansea-citys-finances-explained-26th-10815256

"In its most basic terms, Swansea City remain financially healthy but are not a wealthy club. It is all relative, of course, and the club’s most recent accounts (for the year end July 2015) do indeed show a record £103.9m income."

I saw on the Swansea forum it may be on hold due to year-end numbers.

31st May seems to be our year-end statement of accounts cut off, but a quick lazy google and this old article seems to confirm Swansea's falls on July 31st:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wansea-citys-finances-explained-26th-10815256

"In its most basic terms, Swansea City remain financially healthy but are not a wealthy club. It is all relative, of course, and the club’s most recent accounts (for the year end July 2015) do indeed show a record £103.9m income."
I don't see why that would delay anything. We could always agree to pay them a few days later if they wanted.

I don't see why that would delay anything. We could always agree to pay them a few days later if they wanted.

True, no idea how it all works tbh, it may be that revenue has to be recorded upon agreement of sales rather than money received, isn't "accruals" a thing in finance that sort of covers this?

No idea bud, I'm sure someone in here knows corporate finance.

Tax due would be based on the transaction date, not payment date. But in any event that sounds a bit far fetched to me, there's all sorts of creative accounting that they can do to reduce corporation tax liability, jeopardising a £40m transfer would seem an odd thing to do.

Tax due would be based on the transaction date, not payment date. But in any event that sounds a bit far fetched to me, there's all sorts of creative accounting that they can do to reduce corporation tax liability, jeopardising a £40m transfer would seem an odd thing to do.

Do you reckon there would be less jeopardy given how fond we are of "gentelmen's agreements"?

BREAKING NEWS

Gylfi Sigurdsson will not feature in Swasnea's pre-season match. with Birmingham today.

It was agreed between the club and player that he would sit this game out due to the current transfer speculation surrounding him as Everton continue to be linked with a move for the Iceland international.

on sky sports, specifically mentions us for anyone worrying about leicester

BREAKING NEWS

Gylfi Sigurdsson will not feature in Swasnea's pre-season match. with Birmingham today.

It was agreed between the club and player that he would sit this game out due to the current transfer speculation surrounding him as Everton continue to be linked with a move for the Iceland international.

on sky sports, specifically mentions us for anyone worrying about leicester
It's pretty clear he wants us over Leicester not remotely worried about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back