Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tierney is good enough to walk straight into our starting 11.
If Tierney is available for that amount 10/15 million id snap Celtics hand off (is that even possible). The latest in the production line of VVD Wanyama and Forster that I was begging us to sign and nobody bloody listened.

Koff Martinez

Walkers worth 50million to city. They pay ridiculous fees and wages but are in the champions league and win pots. It's hard to say really. Money in football has gone berserk. 50 million is the new 30 million. So yeah I guess sigurdsson is worth 50million. Crazy.
...and Sigurdsson is worth 50 mil for Swansea.

Probably more because if this fella leaves chances of relegation increase a significant amount

Walkers worth 50million to city. They pay ridiculous fees and wages but are in the champions league and win pots. It's hard to say really. Money in football has gone berserk. 50 million is the new 30 million. So yeah I guess sigurdsson is worth 50million. Crazy.
His market value like so many others has risen significantly over the previous twelve months; compared to last year it's truly a ridiculous fee.

But, when you compare it with a number of fees already spent this year, with Walker seeming to be the used benchmark, it's not so extravagant.

Also, I can only see the fees becoming even more inflated as the window progresses when clubs are becoming nervous about their squads.

...perhaps a way out of this so both clubs save face is to agree £40m but let Everton pay the 10% due to Spurs and the player. It essentially means Everton pay £48m.

I don't think he is worth more than 25m even in today's market place. Understand his value to Swansea is clearly higher. Need to start looking at alternative targets

I don't think he is worth more than 25m even in today's market place. Understand his value to Swansea is clearly higher. Need to start looking at alternative targets
He's worth more than that.
I would have said that £35m seemed about right, but if he is the only one we want then I suppose they can demand whatever they want. Think we should've been looking at other targets when it got beyond £40m personally though.

Some would say McCarthy is worth 20 million, then there's Barkley 50 million being quoted that's just examples, 25 million for a player like Sigardsson you would have to go back 3 or 4 years to buy him for that. He has improved massively since going there, he's there top player that mean top money needs to be paid, I agree with the above post we pay the £40 million and we pay the 10% owed to Spurs. I just wish they would get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back