Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway, bit off topic there, i'm quite surprised by siggurdsson's actions lately myself, i didn't think he'd act anywhere near this way, if we didn't get him, i think he's the kind of player who would still get his head down and try his best for them, but it's given us a great leverage, must be said. This should really be sorted soon, it's just a who blinks first situation.

Spot on regarding him not coming across as that type of player to be a tit. There's a couple of reasons IF that was the case

1. He's been pretty loyal and never rocked the boat at Swansea so did he have a gentleman's agreement when he signed the deal last season that he could leave of a club offered x amount or a certain club/s came in for him he would have the option to be sounded out.

2. He's not being a tit at all and it's just Swansea planting that story in advance to lay the blame on him

I know you shouldn't judge the team based on one game, but I too have real concerns about our defence. Yes ouckfird and Keane will improve their respective positions compared to last season. But the thought of martina (covering Coleman till Xmas) and Williams (who looked unfit and slow) gives me nightmares. I'd immediately put Holgate back in, for his defensive duties against the top sides and Kenny for his attacking prowess at home against the weaker teams. I'd go straight to boro and offer 20m for Ben Gibson a quick left footed centre half, as I feel the progress being made further up the pitch is going to negated by our defence.

It's terrifying mate. We don't even need to throw big cash around their are improvements out there that we could get for relatively cheap amounts.

Martins Indi is available for £13 million
Tierney could go for around £10-15 million
Zouma was available on loan
Zabaletta was available on a free
Smalling apparently available to leave
Gibson/Lemos likely to go for around £20 million

All improvements on Martina/Jags/Mori/Holgate and Tierney would give us a good understudy/cover for Baines

There's two fellas on Twitter who are convinced that he's currently in Liverpool, one tweeting that apparently Clement has confirmed that he hasn't traveled with Swansea tonight because he's in Liverpool and the other claims to have seen him in the Titanic!

It's terrifying mate. We don't even need to throw big cash around their are improvements out there that we could get for relatively cheap amounts.

Martins Indi is available for £13 million
Tierney could go for around £10-15 million
Zouma was available on loan
Zabaletta was available on a free
Smalling apparently available to leave
Gibson/Lemos likely to go for around £20 million

All improvements on Martina/Jags/Mori/Holgate and Tierney would give us a good understudy/cover for Baines
Tierney is good enough to walk straight into our starting 11.

Clement confirmed days ago he wasn't going to be traveling with Swansea for Birmingham because he's not fit due to no pre season.

I've said it before but our defence will cost us this season. Keane aside it's pretty dire.

Last season only 5 PL clubs had lower goals against figures (that despite Chelski putting 8 past us). Why do you think our defence is going to be that much worse this season ? I'm genuinely curious. I take it that you accept that Pickford is an upgrade on Robles and Keane is an upgrade on Mori. Martina gives us options at RB until Coleman returns. Williams, Jags and Baines are all experienced internationals, they don't become bad players overnight because they pass a certain age.

Not sure how much everyone trusts Alan meyers, bit he did retreat it......at this point though don't believe it till he's wearing a blue shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back