Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit of a mess atm imo, we have no pace down the flanks and up top either. Realistically Kenny and Sandro should be our options down the right and a cheap LB like Tierney coming in who could get up the field with Siggurdsson and get balls into the box for a target man centre forward.

I've said it before but our defence will cost us this season. Keane aside it's pretty dire.
I agree entirely!

don't really sound in meltdown about the transfer, it's more about the owners really and rightfully so, they're dropping like a stone under them and it does seem like they are in it just for the profits which would explain why they're sticking firmly to that £50m evaluation and trying to squeeze every last penny.

I really don't understand owners like these and the ones at hull who sell all of the club's best players and just pocket the profits, constantly recouping transfer fees and weakening their club year on year. The amount of money you gain in the premier league is an utter fortune and it grows massively year on year which also makes the club worth a heck of a lot more when it comes to selling.

I mean look at hull, how have their owners seen selling their best players like snodgrass for about £10m as a good idea compared to the millions and millions they will now lose out on now their in the championship. Instead of investing well to get back to the premiership and recoup even more money, they're still selling all their assets and just adding cheap players and loans. I don't understand how that leads to successful gains? No other football club will ever welcome owners like that ever again either, so it's not like they can just move from one club to another.

anyway, bit off topic there, i'm quite surprised by siggurdsson's actions lately myself, i didn't think he'd act anywhere near this way, if we didn't get him, i think he's the kind of player who would still get his head down and try his best for them, but it's given us a great leverage, must be said. This should really be sorted soon, it's just a who blinks first situation.

It's a bit of a mess atm imo, we have no pace down the flanks and up top either. Realistically Kenny and Sandro should be our options down the right and a cheap LB like Tierney coming in who could get up the field with Siggurdsson and get balls into the box for a target man centre forward.

I've said it before but our defence will cost us this season. Keane aside it's pretty dire.
Absolutely nothing wrong with Leighton Baines. Zilch.

REPORTS: Gylfi Sigurdsson has been spotted in The Titanic hotel this evening, the same place Lookman and Sandro met with club officials for talks.

Also, Swansea boss Paul Clement was pictured with a Blue in Birmingham, he reportedly admitted Sigurdsson was on Merseyside for talks and didn't travel with their squad.

don't really sound in meltdown about the transfer, it's more about the owners really and rightfully so, they're dropping like a stone under them and it does seem like they are in it just for the profits which would explain why they're sticking firmly to that £50m evaluation and trying to squeeze every last penny.

I really don't understand owners like these and the ones at hull who sell all of the club's best players and just pocket the profits, constantly recouping transfer fees and weakening their club year on year. The amount of money you gain in the premier league is an utter fortune and it grows massively year on year which also makes the club worth a heck of a lot more when it comes to selling.

I mean look at hull, how have their owners seen selling their best players like snodgrass for about £10m as a good idea compared to the millions and millions they will now lose out on now their in the championship. Instead of investing well to get back to the premiership and recoup even more money, they're still selling all their assets and just adding cheap players and loans. I don't understand how that leads to successful gains? No other football club will ever welcome owners like that ever again either, so it's not like they can just move from one club to another.

Yes , they are a bit annoyed with us for moving for Gylfi but seem to be very distrustful of their owners .

REPORTS: Gylfi Sigurdsson has been spotted in The Titanic hotel this evening, the same place Lookman and Sandro met with club officials for talks.

Also, Swansea boss Paul Clement was pictured with a Blue in Birmingham, he reportedly admitted Sigurdsson was on Merseyside for talks and didn't travel with their squad.
Is there actual genuine reports or just some text in bold letters that says reports.

It's there actual genuine reports or just some text in bold letters that says reports.

Untitled.webp

I know you shouldn't judge the team based on one game, but I too have real concerns about our defence. Yes pickford and Keane will improve their respective positions compared to last season. But the thought of martina (covering Coleman till Xmas) and Williams (who looked unfit and slow) gives me nightmares. I'd immediately put Holgate back in, for his defensive duties against the top sides and Kenny for his attacking prowess at home against the weaker teams. I'd go straight to boro and offer 20m for Ben Gibson a quick left footed centre half, as I feel the progress being made further up the pitch is going to negated by our defence.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back