Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we are walking away. We may have the money, but it feels like too much of a de-bagging.
Having watched the game on Thursday, I can't see how Sigurdsson would have made much difference. We need a target and we need pace / energy. Tom d and Sandro provide the latter, need to purchase the former.
Need a striker.

I'm watching and waiting for Swansea Davek.
The Resurrection seems to be the man you're looking for !;) From "the Resurrection" Planet swans >>>>>>
Only just seeing this article but have seen what it's saying all bloody season.

I think some of the more naive on this board should pay it a bit of attention.

All this dead ball crap - 25 bloody key passes???? Pathetic!!!

I suspect we are walking away. We may have the money, but it feels like too much of a de-bagging.
Having watched the game on Thursday, I can't see how Sigurdsson would have made much difference. We need a target and we need pace / energy. Tom d and Sandro provide the latter, need to purchase the former.
Need a striker.

he's our no.1 priority. we wouldn't be willing to go as high as £45m but not pay an extra 5 and walk away. To be honest i'm not even sure why we're not paying the full amount in little add ons, but i suppose we can't just bow to everyone's demands because then in the future we'll be taken for a ride and it'll build up over time.

Thought this might happen, we are trying to put the squeeze on time is running out for the, to get any deals done, it's serious stuff for them, they weee almost relegated last year and not starting the season with new signings, loss of Eire best player is a big deal for them and sets the tone for their season.

It's not a good thing for them holding out.

swansea are welsh, not irish

he's our no.1 priority. we wouldn't be willing to go as high as £45m but not pay an extra 5 and walk away. To be honest i'm not even sure why we're not paying the full amount in little add ons, but i suppose we can't just bow to everyone's demands because then in the future we'll be taken for a ride and it'll build up over time.
If roumours are to be believed, we went to £40m plus add ons.
Not sure we will push to £50m.
Need a striker and CB.

If roumours are to be believed, we went to £40m plus add ons.
Not sure we will push to £50m.
Need a striker and CB.

yeah, i have no idea what figures we've actually offered, but we shouldn't go up to £50m, the ball is firmly in our park and it's a bit of a statement of how we're not willing to be bullied by everyone.

We'll definitely get a striker, no need to worry about that, almost certainly will get a centre back too based on koeman's comments and mori's injury. How could that player will be is anyone's guess, could be anything.

Will end up being £45 million rising to £48-50 in add ons imo. For that money we could do better.
It's a huge sum and before Thursday I thought it was a good idea. After watching the game I am not so sure. I doubt another midfielder would have made much difference. We needed a target man to bully and fight the centre backs. A fighter to keep them distracted, foot stamping, shirt pulling, rib poking etc, all the centre forwards dark arts.

Reckon he'll probably want this over the line asap in time for the first game. Can see the striker and defender deals waiting til towards deadline day though

It's a huge sum and before Thursday I thought it was a good idea. After watching the game I am not so sure. I doubt another midfielder would have made much difference. We needed a target man to bully and fight the centre backs. A fighter to keep them distracted, foot stamping, shirt pulling, rib poking etc, all the centre forwards dark arts.

It's a bit of a mess atm imo, we have no pace down the flanks and up top either. Realistically Kenny and Sandro should be our options down the right and a cheap LB like Tierney coming in who could get up the field with Siggurdsson and get balls into the box for a target man centre forward.

I've said it before but our defence will cost us this season. Keane aside it's pretty dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back