Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
No smoke without fire surely? Can't see half a dozen blues now deliberately wanting to troll other blues over this.
The way Sky are desperate for transfer news, I'm sure that if there was any truth in this rumour with him supposedly up here having a medical. We'd see Vinny O'Connors cheesy grin stood outside USM Finch Farm giving us updates.

No smoke without fire surely? Can't see half a dozen blues now deliberately wanting to troll other blues over this.

tumblr_mi1mfbjDFD1r3gqtzo4_250.gif

Hi guys, Swansea fan here with a quick update of how the situation appears at our end:

The Sigurdsson deal looks inevitable, but when it will transpire is anyone's guess. At the very least, it won't be completed before August for tax reasons. Our year end accounts are in July, so the idea is that by waiting until August we can delay paying corporation tax until May 2019, a year longer than if the deal had been agreed in July. We did the same last year when our two major outgoings (Williams and Ayew) took place in August. Tax is based on the transaction date, so nothing can be agreed before then or we risk being charged with fraud.

There is also a power struggle at the Liberty with our manager and chairman Huw Jenkins in disagreement with new majority US owners Kaplan and Levien. Clement is allegedly unhappy with the player as he has become a disruptive influence and wants to see the player sold with any funds going towards replacements, with chairman Jenkins in agreement. However, the majority owners seem set on their £50m valuation. The hope was that Sigurdsson would put in a transfer request and forfeit any loyalty bonuses owed to him, but that has failed to materialise. Jenkins has since liaised with the owners and explained that we should compromise on the fee or risk facing a situation similar to Payet with West Ham. The manager is particularly annoyed as we apparently have three deals ready to go through, but won't push ahead until we have agreed a deal with Everton. It is expected that the owners will concede sooner rather than later.

Personally, I think Everton will come back in with a slightly improved offer (maybe an extra couple of million up front) and that should be enough at this stage. Deal would be undisclosed to save face. For what it's worth, I think £50m was a ridiculous valuation and I would've dealt at your second bid of £45m (£40m up front plus £5m in add-ons). Siggy is hard-working, excellent from dead ball situations and a great striker of the ball, but isn't mobile enough to command £50m.

Hi guys, Swansea fan here with a quick update of how the situation appears at our end:

The Sigurdsson deal looks inevitable, but when it will transpire is anyone's guess. At the very least, it won't be completed before August for tax reasons. Our year end accounts are in July, so the idea is that by waiting until August we can delay paying corporation tax until May 2019, a year longer than if the deal had been agreed in July. We did the same last year when our two major outgoings (Williams and Ayew) took place in August. Tax is based on the transaction date, so nothing can be agreed before then or we risk being charged with fraud.

There is also a power struggle at the Liberty with our manager and chairman Huw Jenkins in disagreement with new majority US owners Kaplan and Levien. Clement is allegedly unhappy with the player as he has become a disruptive influence and wants to see the player sold with any funds going towards replacements, with chairman Jenkins in agreement. However, the majority owners seem set on their £50m valuation. The hope was that Sigurdsson would put in a transfer request and forfeit any loyalty bonuses owed to him, but that has failed to materialise. Jenkins has since liaised with the owners and explained that we should compromise on the fee or risk facing a situation similar to Payet with West Ham. The manager is particularly annoyed as we apparently have three deals ready to go through, but won't push ahead until we have agreed a deal with Everton. It is expected that the owners will concede sooner rather than later.

Personally, I think Everton will come back in with a slightly improved offer (maybe an extra couple of million up front) and that should be enough at this stage. Deal would be undisclosed to save face. For what it's worth, I think £50m was a ridiculous valuation and I would've dealt at your second bid of £45m (£40m up front plus £5m in add-ons). Siggy is hard-working, excellent from dead ball situations and a great striker of the ball, but isn't mobile enough to command £50m.
You saying start of august or end? If it's the end we will have moved on and you will be stuck with him.
I hear there are 3 players lined up to come into Swansea? So is the cash for him ear marked for these signings ?

You saying start of august or end? If it's the end we will have moved on and you will be stuck with him.
I hear there are 3 players lined up to come into Swansea? So is the cash for him ear marked for these signings ?

Start of August. It disadvantages us more so than yourselves the longer it drags on.

Yes. The American "investors" want to grow the club organically, so are refusing to dig into their own pockets. Any future incomings are dependent on the Sigurdsson deal (as well as Llorente to Chelsea).

...The Liverpool Echo article associated with this news says there is speculation the player has been spotted in Liverpool. Mrs Eggs has been to Tesco on Deysbrook Lane and didn't see him. Get our scouts out.
What the hell would he be doing in Tesco, should have sent her to Iceland you eggy frigger.

Thanks @OptimistJack

As far as I can tell whilst Gylfi has the Hump, he is not shouting about it and neither are Clement or Koeman. The media gave stoked this fire hugely. Your view of value and attributes match many here. Great dead ball, will score and provide assist but lacks pace and mobility. 50m seems too high, but I think that, or close to it, will be paid.

An aside to this is Swansea making sure they can reinvest in time. Losing 50% of your goals is risky (goals and assist) and you need to recruit well. I hope you will be fine.

Good luck

So to avoid some tax your owners are putting your whole pre season preparations in danger, given that the season is only around the corner. Sound like all they are doing is penny pinching.

When a new manager comes in it's always nice to have some money to put his stamp on the team and that is also being put In jeopardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back