£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
'One of the best MFs in the PL'. Maybe so...do you think they'll all fetch 40 odd million English pounds from a club not run by an oligarch or sheik?

This is precious money being mugged off us by no mark clubs who are queuing up to take the piss.

Sigurdsson (who I like and want here) is being over-priced here by about £20M.

This is embarrassing.

Moshiri clearly has money, I doubted it recently and thought it was all another con, but he has proven he is willing to shell out whatever it takes to get Koeman his man.

Sadly clubs with money get rinsed. Look at the players Man City have been ripped off for, it happens.

We need a squad that is going to challenge for the Top 4 quickly and I believe we are close to having that. We have to overpay to get deals over the line and to catch up to the teams above.

lol how embarrassing are we though?
I remember the days of bringing the likes of James McFadden back to the club. One year not signing anyone. Having to busk on the underground to bring no marks like Alcaraz and Mcgeady to the club.

I could literally go on and on from how embarrassing we have been in the transfer market for the best part of 30 years. 30 years !!!!!

I can't tell if you're serious tbf, but any evertonian calling this summer transfer business embarrassing has a very short memory. You honestly couldn't 'kin make it up.

Here's a thought: how about we have that biff Walsh drag his arse into gear and actually get the 'kin bargains he was employed to get?

How about that alternative?
He's not at Leicester now though Dave, he's at a different level of club in terms of the ready made quality required.

Here's a thought: how about we have that biff Walsh drag his arse into gear and actually get the 'kin bargains he was employed to get?

You're genuinely gutted that Everton are spending/about to spend big again aren't you. Because you know that when we do it will blow your ridiculous accusations that Moshiri'Koeman have not improved things over the past year right out of the water.

This is the way things have now gone in English Football. Our own club have done it to the likes of Man City so why shouldn't and wouldn't clubs do it to us when they are well aware that we are currently the league's big spenders?

Everton have the money to spend this big now. For years people moaned that we couldn't afford these signings and now we can.

Moaning about net spend, yet wants us to find bargains

giphy.gif

There's no contradiction: spend big but spend wisely.

Easy really.

Koeman and Walsh are wasting cash here on a massive level.

We've overpaid so far if this goes through for Sigurdsson by about £35M so far.

It amounts to gross irresponsibility with the club's finances.

'One of the best MFs in the PL'. Maybe so...do you think they'll all fetch 40 odd million English pounds from a club not run by an oligarch or sheik?

This is precious money being mugged off us by no mark clubs who are queuing up to take the piss.

This is embarrassing.

Most high performing premier league players are over priced. Hadn't you noticed?

Said we should all the way through that January transfer window and it was a no brainer.

I dont believe this current manager places ANY emphasis on this type of player though, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Sigurdsson or any other player whose game is all about finding space and creating space for others to exploit.

If someone doesn't rate Sigurdsson they dont like football.

I hope the project for season one has been to get some much needed discipline and energy into the team and that season two's project is to get some creativity back into the ranks. Hard running is all well and good, but when you face - as we did yesterday - a team that matches that but also has players with vision, it's limitations are obvious (of course, it diidn't help that the manager shat his kecks at the prospect of having a proper go at Spurs).

McCarthy is back to fitness, Besic is on the cusp of that, Barry is so much on his last legs he's started most of our games this season including the last one. Davies has not been benched since he broke through and so we now have the spectacle of a manager playing FOUR CMs in one game in order to justify the madness of his transfer dealings.

Should have used that cash for Schneiderlin to buy Sigurdsson and this problem wouldn't have arisen.

Sigurdsson:

This season 8 goals and 10 assists.
Last season 11 goals and 3 assists.
Season before that 7 goals and 10 assists.

Mirallas had stats like that for the 2013/14 season and it made the difference for us - 9 goals and 7 assists.

If we had that on a regular basis we could do some damage in this league.

Koeman wont get a player like Sigurdsson. Be assured of that.

IMG_4959.webp

The last month of this window is gonna be us sitting up with our feet up, smoking a pipe and watching as the rest of the league go mental throwing around increasingly massive fees for players way short of the quality we got in

HAPPY DAYS
Yeah but you know what - a bit boring:)

Moshiri clearly has money, I doubted it recently and thought it was all another con, but he has proven he is willing to shell out whatever it takes to get Koeman his man.

Sadly clubs with money get rinsed. Look at the players Man City have been ripped off for, it happens.

We need a squad that is going to challenge for the Top 4 quickly and I believe we are close to having that. We have to overpay to get deals over the line and to catch up to the teams above.
We dont have money...we have players we sell in order to spend.

That is being wasted. It's criminal.

This is embarrassing.

Unfortunately we are not a destination where world class players will come. Bernardo Silva cost Man City about £43 million but it's pointless to compare the transfers because Silva would never come here in the present circumstances. Sigurdsson is one of the best players our club could attract currently, I think he'd be a perfect fit in our team, especially if partnered with some like Giroud or Dzeko.

It's no good saying we're "overpaying by X amount" either. The selling club sets the price, as we did to great effect when getting great fees off city for Stones and United for Lukaku and a buying club decides if they're worth it.

In this crazy world where Watford can say to Leicester, "I see your £30 million, but I would rather keep my Troy Deeney" penny pinching over a quality player like Gylfi seems pointless.

While I'm quite happy with the business we've done so far and how we've gone about it, I was thinking exactly this the other day. I guess with Walsh's reputation I expected a few more bargains or hidden gems.

Sigurdsson is massively over priced.

This is embarrassing.

Probably not by over £20m. We will have to see what the final fee is. Eric Dier has been rumoured to be £50m ahead of his move to Utd and Kyle Walker is being talked about well over £40m.

Liverpool paid £34 million for Saleh, who flopped at Chelsea before using his a pace in a league absolutely devoid of it. Everyone thinks £30m for Keane is too much but Chelsea spent more than that who is unlikely to start for them and is untested in the Premier League. Lindelof went for £31m, who knows who will be a better signing between him and Keane.

I'm not comfortable with spending over £40m on Gylfi but everyone will be spending daft this summer. A lad from Red Bull Leibzig who has done nothing outside Germany could cost Liverpool well in excess of £60m. Who knows.

You're genuinely gutted that Everton are spending/about to spend big again aren't you. Because you know that when we do it will blow your ridiculous accusations that Moshiri'Koeman have not improved things over the past year right out of the waterThis is the way things have now gone in English Football. Our own club have done it to the likes of Man City so why shouldn't and wouldn't clubs do it to us when they are well aware that we are currently the league's big spenders?

Everton have the money to spend this big now. For years people moaned that we couldn't afford these signings and now we can.

...only for clubs run by oligarchs and sheiks. We are not in that category. We sell players to buy players. No other club in those circumstances would allow themselves to be mugged consistently like this.

I remember City over paying for Wayne Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back