£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no contradiction: spend big but spend wisely.

Easy really.

Koeman and Walsh are wasting cash here on a massive level.

We've overpaid so far if this goes through for Sigurdsson by about £35M so far.

It amounts to gross irresponsibility with the club's finances.

Well considering it's our manager and DoF who have a close working relationship to identify the players needed to fit his system, then they are spending wisely.

There's at least 20 posts of you harping on about Gylfi, and now you don't want him because the price is a bit to high. If you want someone that much you pay the price, not go bargain hunting in the hope it may work.

Embrace the new Ev, money is fun coupons now

Here's a thought: how about we have that biff Walsh drag his arse into gear and actually get the 'kin bargains he was employed to get?

How about that alternative?

Was he employed to get 'bargains'? Or was he employed to seek out players that would improve the squad and take us up a level or two? I would suggest the latter. And moving on Del, Clev & McG and bringing in those who have been brought in in recent weeks smacks to me of him doing his job up to present.

Now I know all the above doesn't accord with your Bobby Brown Shoes mentality, dave, but that's the reality of the situation. Just as the asking/paying price for players this summer is probably above what we all thought it would be. Who would have thought that having picked up LUkaku for £28 mil a couple of years ago, we would now pick up north of £75 mil (with likely add-ons)?

And the time when a player can piss the club around is gone. Barkley needs to realise he can no longer stroll around the pitch and get others to do his 'fetchig & carrying' while he looks good in occasional flashes (and looks average-to-poor most of the time - his own fault due to his own attitude to the game). With the midfield we've got now, he'll be lucky to get on the pitch next season, if he is still here and continues to be a stroller. You don't win things with strollers.

As I posted before, dave, you've got to get real to the situation.

And finally, love your wind-up methods. Brilliant!

eSMXE1Ee_400x400.jpeg

You should use that as your profile pic with the guff you spout.

Well considering it's our manager and DoF who have a close working relationship to identify the players needed to fit his system, then they are spending wisely.

There's at least 20 posts of you harping on about Gylfi, and now you don't want him because the price is a bit to high. If you want someone that much you pay the price, not go bargain hunting in the hope it may work.

Embrace the new Ev, money is fun coupons now

I want him here...I dont think we should be paying record breaking prices to get him here though.

I don't give a toss how much a player costs provided a. the manager wants him and b. we can afford it without jeopordising the club's finances.

We have fleeced clubs for players now we are one of the bigger boys we are getting fleeced.

C'est la vie.

Get used to the new Everton.

OK, even if we use that parameter, Barkley is the superior player. Involved in much more of any given game with a higher pass completion rate.

HZtSsNd.jpg

And it's not even close. The fact Gylfi has more assists is more to do with a shocking lack of movement due to a gimped attack 'led' by Lukaku than anything Barkley was doing, as evidenced by the above.
In absolute terms Barkley's stats are all higher. In percentage terms (compared with successful passes) Sig's are all higher.

There's lies, damn lies and stats.

We are a club who has finished: 11th, 11th and 7th in the past three seasons. It is going to take time before we can genuinely pursue the world class players.
it's also going to take money. NEA about net spend

good deals are definitely great, and we shouldn't be overspending on everything ALL the time, but if we have to make serious upgrades in multiple positions, i don't mind spending once in a while. it's just the signs of the times

No, he didn't. He was often played as a winger or deep.

He stills cored 7 goals and 6 goals respectively - better than any of our players bar Rom last year.

And...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38184714

Tottenham were too quick to sell "perfect" Swansea talisman Gylfi Sigurdsson says the London club's boss Mauricio Pochettino.

Pochettino took over in the summer of 2014 and allowed Sigurdsson to join Swansea in a deal that saw Ben Davies and Michel Vorm move in the opposite direction.

Spurs host Swansea on Saturday.

"I think after he moved to Swansea and we saw his development he was a perfect player for us," Pochettino said.

"But in that moment it was the club decision and his decision to move to Swansea and find another way."

Sigurdsson has five goals already in the current campaign and Pochettino says the Icelandic midfielder is still well thought of at White Hart Lane.

"Every time we meet him and see him he shows his quality not only as a player but like a man. All the people here talk very highly about him," he said.

"It's a shame but sometimes in football you never know what will happen in the future."

So yeh, Poch disagrees with you.
Nothing wrong with having differing opinions. .. better men than me make mistakes all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back