£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read all the posts but my view on it is this
Is Siggy overpriced at 40/50 million YES
Are most players now overpriced YES
Could we get a better player for the same money abroad Probably
But that's the crux of the matter
This is a big season for RK SW and Moshiri.
We have bought a proven PL GK
A proven PL CB
3young players unproven in the PL and sent one out on loan
Rooney came back a proven PL player.
If we buy big from abroad and he doesn't hit the ground running then it's a waste of money for next season.
RK said he wanted 3/4 players of 28/30 years of age with proven experience and by buying SIGGY Rooney and maybe one more he will do that
We can all name big money signings that never made it or took time to settle
90m on Pogba and he hasn't set the league alight so far.
Paying over the odds for proven PL players is now the norm
PS watching SSN on Siggy and his stats in the last 3 years are up there with the best.
Another CF is now needed and if Palace want 50 m for Bentake I'd offer Dortmund 70m for Aubemang (sp)
Not PL proven but top quality
For a value buy I'd take Giroud for 25 m for 3 years

I was having a chat with a Spurs mate yesterday, he said Siggy was really good for them ?
I thought it didn't work out for him ?

He would also love "to have your Barkley sat on our bench as its not the strongest ! " sake.

It didn't work out in that he never really found his position but he was far from a flop

Guys he's just winding you up. You are all Gareth to his Tim and Dawn.

Christ knows how he gets away with it, but you have the power to stop it. I believe in you.

The lad just needs banning for being a complete bore.

Over the next few seasons we could qualify for Europe multiple times, win a few cups and end up in a 60K seater stadium at Bramley Moore - and he would still moan and whine.

I just think 40 million is way too much. It doesnt mean I dont think he has value, but the money could be better spent on other players. Going close to 50 is basically paying for Lacazette without getting the talent.

Bolasie Mk2.

He is a perfectly decent player, good at one thing, hard working but essentially limited.

I'd welcome him in the squad as a £15-20m signing, because that is a realistic price for what he'd add to the squad.

Players who have gone for that type of money this season: Ricardo Rodriguez, Hakan Calhanoglu, Youri Tielmans, Kingslay Koman

When you are in the £30-40m price range you are up against:

Mo Salah
Andre Silva
Bernardo Silva

Elite players from top European teams.

The idea that he is worth more than any of the above 3 players is ridiculous. If he were 21 or something, maybe there would be a chance but he is 28 in September, he'll basically be worth £0 in 5 years.

It is a ludicrous peeing away of money.

Trawling through this thread makes me think folks long for the days when we on the brink of actually going places but unfortunately there just wasn't enough money down the back of the couch for Joao Moutinho and the likes. Yes Sigurdsson costs a lot but ffs, he's a good player that is about as low risk a transfer as you can get and he improves our squad ten-fold.

Bolasie Mk2.

He is a perfectly decent player, good at one thing, hard working but essentially limited.

I'd welcome him in the squad as a £15-20m signing, because that is a realistic price for what he'd add to the squad.

Players who have gone for that type of money this season: Ricardo Rodriguez, Hakan Calhanoglu, Youri Tielmans, Kingslay Koman

When you are in the £30-40m price range you are up against:

Mo Salah
Andre Silva
Bernardo Silva

Elite players from top European teams.

The idea that he is worth more than any of the above 3 players is ridiculous. If he were 21 or something, maybe there would be a chance but he is 28 in September, he'll basically be worth £0 in 5 years.

It is a ludicrous peeing away of money.
Salah flopped in the PL last time
The 2 silva may or may not be a success
We can't afford to take a risk.
If Silva fails City have plenty of options on the bench ,we don't.
They can afford to shift him out at a loss next summer we couldn't.
World of difference between us and city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back