Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson and Giroud to this squad and we're easily as good, on paper, as United, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. If our team gels quickly, we could be in for an exciting season. Let's have a bit of positivity in the replies!

We are a CB and LB short of that mate. Add Van Dijk and someone like Tierney with Coleman back fully fit to his level pre injury and I would agree with you.

Don't bring this concept in then completely misuse it. There is no line of "logic" that makes any kind of sense to support your assertion.

You must be operating on a higher intellectual level than me, but please indulge: how is it logical to buy players who struggle to make an impact at teams we want to challenge this season?

50 million is shocking but so are most tranfers fees and the sig is a quality player and we need this so if we can afford it then let sign him and still mcarthy and Lennon

You must be operating on a higher intellectual level than me, but please indulge: how is it logical to buy players who struggle to make an impact at teams we want to challenge this season?
If our side had the same exact circumstances that the current Arsenal and Spurs of 4 years ago had/have (history, stadium, players, contracts, coaches ...etc) literally everything was the same (and in Spurs case everyone's team was the same as 4 years ago) then you might be able to say it's the same scenario and therefore the same outcome is expected.

As it stands you're using "logic" to make a claim no one ever could.

Giroud is better than 1 in 3 at Arsenal. He clearly does make an impact.

OK, allow me to rephrase: enough of an impact that his current club want to keep him and start him 30+ games a season.

If our side had the same exact circumstances that the current Arsenal and Spurs of 4 years ago had/have (history, stadium, players, contracts, coaches ...etc) literally everything was the same (and in Spurs case everyone's team was the same as 4 years ago) then you might be able to say it's the same scenario and therefore the same outcome is expected.

As it stands you're using "logic" to make a claim no one ever could.

A little Cartesian for me, I'm afraid. Imperfect observations are the essence of a transfer. Though I think someone of your erudition understood the point being made in the first place. ;)

...WalesonLine report Koeman has told the board Sigurdsson will be the difference in securing Champions League football so Everton are about to return with a £50m package for the player. £40m, plus £5m for Calum Connolly, plus £5m achievable add-ons;

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/gylfi-sigurdsson-can-clinch-champions-13407475

I presume if Connolly is being offered up both he and Swansea have already agreed the arrangement. Swansea might even have asked for Connolly. Surely he's not being added to the mix without consultation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back