Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
..the reality is that they are a conveyor belt, new age group stepping up and acquisitions coming in each season. Unfortunately decisions have to be made to move some on, for their benefit as much as the clubs. £5m valuation for a relatively untried youngster seems decent. I'm not sure what the Reds paid for Solanke.
It's going to a tribunal.

..the reality is that they are a conveyor belt, new age group stepping up and acquisitions coming in each season. Unfortunately decisions have to be made to move some on, for their benefit as much as the clubs. £5m valuation for a relatively untried youngster seems decent. I'm not sure what the Reds paid for Solanke.

I agree but Callum is one of our highly rated youngsters, he's just had a good 6month loan at Championship level and apparently rated by Koeman. I can't see this being anything more than a loan.

Offering Connolly may be a bit of a face saver for all concerned. Don't think anyone would pay £5 million for him in isolation but this may mean we can say £45 million for the Swansea player whilst they say £50 million. Bit like Lukaku at either £75 million or £100 million!

I agree but Callum is one of our highly rated youngsters, he's just had a good 6month loan at Championship level and apparently rated by Koeman. I can't see this being anything more than a loan.

..you could be right but £5m seems a steep valuation for a youngster on loan.

I've already seen enough of him at right back to be strictly against him filling in at left back anytime soon.
Evidently, Cuco is a polarising player, enjoying fanatical support from half the fans, and being dismissed as useless by the other half.
As is so often the case, might I suggest the truth lies somewhere in the middle .
Me? I think he is a fabulous crosser of the ball: in another thread I alliteratively called him 'Curacaon Cuco...our creative Caribbean crosser'

Evidently, Cuco is a polarising player, enjoying fanatical support from half the fans, and being dismissed as useless by the other half.
As is so often the case, might I suggest the truth lies somewhere in the middle .
Me? I think he is a fabulous crosser of the ball: in another thread I alliteratively called him 'Curacaon Cuco...our creative Caribbean crosser'

I think people who are fanatically supporting him might be doing so in jest mate.

..the reality is that they are on a conveyor belt, new age group stepping up and acquisitions coming in each season. Unfortunately decisions have to be made to move some on, for their benefit as much as the clubs. £5m valuation for a relatively untried youngster seems decent. I'm not sure what the Reds paid for Solanke.
Partially agree mate, but none of the five that were with England u20s have had more than half a season at the top level. Just like to see them kept together for another few years. Utd did it with their class of 92, wouldnt say Phil Neville or N Butt were top players but they made up one hell of a team.

..you could be right but £5m seems a steep valuation for a youngster on loan.

I think the welsh article assumed he is worth 5m because it would take the offer to 50m (the asking price). Hopefully just a guess by them.

Partially agree mate, but none of the five that were with England u20s have had more than half a season at the top level. Just like to see them kept together for another few years. Utd did it with their class of 92, wouldnt say Phil Neville or N Butt were top players but they made up one hell of a team.

....as I said, if this is true I'd be very interested who initiated the Connolly inclusion. It might well be that Everton have reluctantly included him because Swansea are very keen, or perhaps he's been offered up because the club are not convinced he has a future. Whatever, the club clearly feel it's worth it if it brings Sigurdsson in.

Hope this is only a loan. We don't have cover as it is at LB. Some might say that's wrong as we have Cuco Martina, but in all honesty that just proves my point. Season long loan I could just about live with, but no way on earth se should let one of our youth world cup winners leave on a perm at this moment in time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back