£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is brilliant at creating headed chances from freekicks (52 headed chances created, by far the highest in the league). Apart from that he is an average quality PL player. The idea that he is some superb football with a great touch and supreme vision is bizarre.

He created 25 chances to the feet of a player in 38 games last season. As a comparison Barkley created 64 in 30 games.
52 headed chances, whats the point if we dont have anybody who can actually head them in?

I'm sitting smiling at reports that Steve Walsh, is leaving our African sojourn early, as he is to fly back to the UK in order to push through this deal.
I like this scenario to when Don Vito Corleone delegates Tom Hagen to visit the movie director who refuses to give the movie part to the Don's relative.
Does the Swansea owner have racehorses I wonder.

Just to be clear then. Sigurdsson is not good enough for any of the teams above us, nor does he improve our first XI now or in the future.

Complete waste of money with massively better options for the use of £50m available.

Vault me when he is our player of the year and we finish top 4 and I'll happily eat humble pie.

Likewise I'll happily be vaulted in the Bolasie thread when he scores more than 8 goals in a season.

Who available and attainable would you rather see us go for that you're sure is good enough for the teams above us and improves our XI now?

You did lid, do you not see how stupid that post is. You're trying to belittle someone by flexing your arrogance but by doing so you've completely undermined your own rhetoric.

If you really don't care, stick my posts on block. I'll not lose a moment over it but why call me out?
Just a bit bored of the 'Royle Family' behaviour on this thread.

Pogba 90m
Lukaku 90m
Sigurddson 45m

It seems to me that prices now are like the mid 90s, but with the extra zero. Instead of 9m, its now 90m, instead of 15,000 a week contracts, its 150,000.

Is Sigurdsson worth half of what Lukaku is worth?
The answer to that may be closer than many think.....

Rom: 26 goals / 7 assists
Gylfi: 10 goals / 13 assists

So Gylfi being priced at half of Rom (despite being 3 years older) is not as crazy as some make it out to be....

Sigurdsson is a good player, I've said that from the start. And I think he'd play well for us too

But when you take into account the fee and the fact he's essentially Barkley's replacement, I can fully understand anyone having reservations

We ultimately don't know the contract amount we've given Barkley, we're just going off rumours, but surely if we can afford to blow 40 Million plus on a decent Premier League player we can also afford to go back to the table and give Ross some kind of increased financial incentive to stay?

That doesn't strike me as being an unreasonable stance to have

Ross is younger, home grown and it would cost us less to give him an improved contract than it would to sign Sigurdsson. There's nothing wrong with doing so

My hopes for moshiri weren't just that we'd sign loads of players, but that his financial clout would ensure we could KEEP the players we used to always lose. I'm seeing column A here but I'm not seeing column B, and that worries me
In an ideal world we will keep both but we can only guess why Ross isn't signing the deal that is in front of him. If it's money then fine, just pay it in line with the cash we are throwing around now.

However, maybe Ross knew of the likely inbound transfers and just doesn't fancy fighting for his place in a World Cup year?

If Ross does go, Gylfi is the perfect replacement for the here and now and that is good business. Ross may be the better player when he is 27 but this is all about the short window of opportunity that Moshiri talked about.

Bolasie Mk2.

He is a perfectly decent player, good at one thing, hard working but essentially limited.

I'd welcome him in the squad as a £15-20m signing, because that is a realistic price for what he'd add to the squad.

Players who have gone for that type of money this season: Ricardo Rodriguez, Hakan Calhanoglu, Youri Tielmans, Kingslay Koman

When you are in the £30-40m price range you are up against:

Mo Salah
Andre Silva
Bernardo Silva

Elite players from top European teams.

The idea that he is worth more than any of the above 3 players is ridiculous. If he were 21 or something, maybe there would be a chance but he is 28 in September, he'll basically be worth £0 in 5 years.

It is a ludicrous peeing away of money.

Salah is not an elite player and has only played for one of Europe's elite clubs. And he flopped there. Which is why he was just transferred from one also ran to another. None of the elite clubs wanted him.

Andre Silva had a release clause.

Beranrdo Silva could end up cost £60m and will be on about 50-100k a week more than Sigurdsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back