£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba 90m
Lukaku 90m
Sigurddson 45m

It seems to me that prices now are like the mid 90s, but with the extra zero. Instead of 9m, its now 90m, instead of 15,000 a week contracts, its 150,000.

Is sigurdsson worth half of what Lukaku is worth?

The player decided to pull out of their USA tour 45 minutes before they were due to leave. ' His head is not in the right place '. He wants to leave Swansea and I can see him signing for Everton over the weekend. There is no point in keeping a player who wants out, despite the clubs 50 million valuation for him. I would guess that valuation will now decrease due to them having a player who is basically refusing to play.
If Swansea don't accept the 40m I think they will regret it in the future, this is the most they will get for him. He's good but there should be a limit for what we are going to offer, don't want us to pay more than what's realistic.

I would like to see him here, but if they don't want to sell him for that it's not the end of the world, there are other options out there.

Pogba 90m
Lukaku 90m
Sigurddson 45m

It seems to me that prices now are like the mid 90s, but with the extra zero. Instead of 9m, its now 90m, instead of 15,000 a week contracts, its 150,000.

Well if he scores 12 goals this season then yeah he's worth half a Lukaku...especially coming from midfield

If Swansea don't accept the 40m I think they will regret it in the future, this is the most they will get for him. He's good but there should be a limit for what we are going to offer, don't want us to pay more than what's realistic.

I would like to see him here, but if they don't want to sell him for that it's not the end of the world, there are other options out there.

Sigurdsson was probably one of the main reasons Swansea stayed up mate, with the money guaranteed for prem teams through the tv deal etc, they may see him invaluable to their future.

I personally think Siggy will sign & play for Everton!
This has been happening in embryo behind the scenes for some time!
I think Siggy will want to be part of the "Ronald Koeman Everton adventure" programme as a challenge to further his career.
Koeman knows what sort of team he needs & is putting down the foundations for many years to come.

The other question here is, if Gylfi is Walsh and Koeman's number 1 target, would people be happy if we moved on and down the list and got their second preference in order to save £5-10m?

Do we want to be a club who get the one we want, even at top dollar, or settle for second best to avoid having to overpay?

I personally think Siggy will sign & play for Everton!
This has been happening in embryo behind the scenes for some time!
I think Siggy will want to be part of the "Ronald Koeman Everton adventure" programme as a challenge to further his career.
Koeman knows what sort of team he needs & is putting down the foundations for many years to come.

Koeman is trying to build a team of experience & winners.!!

Bolasie Mk2.

He is a perfectly decent player, good at one thing, hard working but essentially limited.

I'd welcome him in the squad as a £15-20m signing, because that is a realistic price for what he'd add to the squad.

Players who have gone for that type of money this season: Ricardo Rodriguez, Hakan Calhanoglu, Youri Tielmans, Kingslay Koman

When you are in the £30-40m price range you are up against:

Mo Salah
Andre Silva
Bernardo Silva

Elite players from top European teams.

The idea that he is worth more than any of the above 3 players is ridiculous. If he were 21 or something, maybe there would be a chance but he is 28 in September, he'll basically be worth £0 in 5 years.

It is a ludicrous peeing away of money.

5 years is a long time in football buddy. Maybe start thinking about the present not the distant future?

Pogba 90m
Lukaku 90m
Sigurddson 45m

He's probably worth more than half of Pogba....I may have to change my view over his price now......

City agreeing a fee (reportedly) of £50m for Walker.

Puts this deal into perspective a bit and, also, opens the door for Spurs to pay for Barkley...
Overpaying for Sigurdsson is one thing. Walker isn't even great, might not even be good. And he's 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back