£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 years is a long time in football buddy. Maybe start thinking about the present not the distant future?

Just to be clear then. Sigurdsson is not good enough for any of the teams above us, nor does he improve our first XI now or in the future.

Complete waste of money with massively better options for the use of £50m available.

Vault me when he is our player of the year and we finish top 4 and I'll happily eat humble pie.

Likewise I'll happily be vaulted in the Bolasie thread when he scores more than 8 goals in a season.

Sigurdsson was probably one of the main reasons Swansea stayed up mate, with the money guaranteed for prem teams through the tv deal etc, they may see him invaluable to their future.
Yeah, this is the main concern. He may be untouchable from their perspective. But they need to think long and hard about getting what they can for him so they can buy 2-3 players to replace him early in the window. If this drags and then he leaves, Swansea will be in bad shape

everybody who has been insisting we are overpaying, even bearing in mind the ridiculousness of today's prices, now looks a right tit with the 50m bid for Walker lol

That's not ridiculous though.

Spurs are the 2nd best team in England, he's been a key player in that. He's English. He's getting sold to a rival.

Just to be clear then. Sigurdsson is not good enough for any of the teams above us, nor does he improve our first XI now or in the future.

Complete waste of money with massively better options for the use of £50m available.

Vault me when he is our player of the year and we finish top 4 and I'll happily eat humble pie.

Likewise I'll happily be vaulted in the Bolasie thread when he scores more than 8 goals in a season.

Immediately is our best player.

Bingo

Bolasie Mk2.

He is a perfectly decent player, good at one thing, hard working but essentially limited.

I'd welcome him in the squad as a £15-20m signing, because that is a realistic price for what he'd add to the squad.

Players who have gone for that type of money this season: Ricardo Rodriguez, Hakan Calhanoglu, Youri Tielmans, Kingslay Koman

When you are in the £30-40m price range you are up against:

Mo Salah
Andre Silva
Bernardo Silva

Elite players from top European teams.

The idea that he is worth more than any of the above 3 players is ridiculous. If he were 21 or something, maybe there would be a chance but he is 28 in September, he'll basically be worth £0 in 5 years.

It is a ludicrous peeing away of money.
He's better than Salah.

Andre Silvia is a striker and Bernardo Silva went for like 70M.

But again, for many of these team, they can promise CL footy, we cannot.

Calhanoglu would've been a cheap replacement, but he's not as good, either. Might be eventually. Tielemans isn't at his level yet, either, nor would he come here for lack of CL. Coman, super talent, is a winger and not a goal scorer so you are kind of comparing apples and oranges. Maybe buy him next!

Again, we are talking about a playmaker who can create goals and someone that can score them. He's way better than a few of you think. And this idea that he's a 15-20M guy is nuts. What was our bid last window or two that got rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back