£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many direct free kicks has he scored since 2012/3 ? any ideas?

• Attack
    Goals42
    Goals Per Match0.23
    Goals With Header2
    Goals With Right Foot30
    Goals With Left Foot10
    Penalties Scored6
    Goals From Freekick7
    Shots432
    Shots On Target161
    Shooting Accuracy %37%
    Hit Woodwork16
    Big Chances Missed16
  • Team Play
    Assists33
    Passes4,986
    Passes Per Match27.40
    Big Chances Created47
    Crosses883
    Cross Accuracy %26%
    Through Balls67
    Accurate Long Balls117
  • Discipline
    Yellow Cards12
    Red Cards0
    Fouls106
    Offsides10
  • Defence
    Tackles203
    Tackle Success %71%
    Blocked Shots137
    Interceptions183
    Clearances94
    Headed Clearance24
    Recoveries585
    Duels Won513
    Duels Lost776
    Successful 50/50s123
    Aerial Battles Won36
    Aerial Battles Lost141
    Errors Leading To Goal 0
https://www.premierleague.com/players/4421/Gylfi-Sigurdsson/stats

Not really.

I mean, we're going to be overpaying yeh, but not by too much.

Contributed directly to 23 goals last season. He created 77 chances. He's brilliant from set-pieces and his all-round game is superb.

Lacks pace but makes up for that in power and vision, and can play anywhere behind the striker.

Proven Premier League quality. Maybe £30m is more his value, but Swansea don't want to sell, so that's where the premium comes in.

He is brilliant at creating headed chances from freekicks (52 headed chances created, by far the highest in the league). Apart from that he is an average quality PL player. The idea that he is some superb football with a great touch and supreme vision is bizarre.

He created 25 chances to the feet of a player in 38 games last season. As a comparison Barkley created 64 in 30 games.

worth it I reckon.

You always need that extra bit of quality when Stoke, Liverpool, West Brom, West Ham and Newcastle park the bus. Open a can of beans with his right peg, reminds me of Sheedy, and who knows he could be almost as good and we'd have a real player.

£30m seems about the level for me... but Swansea absolutely don't want to sell (and don't have to either). The fee is way in excess otherwise we won't be able to get him... just hope the additional we have to spend to get him doesn't adversely affect any possible money we might have earmarked for another striker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back