Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea starting to sound like the more desperate party here. It reminds me of us a couple of seasons ago, when Rooney, Lescott and Arteta would go right down to the deadline because we trying to squeeze every last penny out of the buyers. Surprising how clubs with money don't act like this.

As John Hartson said yesterday, Swansea have loads of money and don't need to sell. Strange how the season starts on Saturday and they have barely spent any of it. Clement knows the score, as do our board, Swansea need the Gylfi money to attract numerous additions.

The American owners tried to act all cocky early on, knocking back very decent bids and the fans loved it. Now as they are stuck with an unhappy player who doesn't want to be there with no additions, their fans are starting to catch on that this protracted mess really isn't in the best interests of Swansea.

Swansea starting to sound like the more desperate party here. It reminds me of us a couple of seasons ago, when Rooney, Lescott and Arteta would go right down to the deadline because we trying to squeeze every last penny out of the buyers. Surprising how clubs with money don't act like this.

As John Hartson said yesterday, Swansea have loads of money and don't need to sell. Strange how the season starts on Saturday and they have barely spent any of it. Clement knows the score, as do our board, Swansea need the Gylfi money to attract numerous additions.

The American owners tried to act all cocky early on, knocking back very decent bids and the fans loved it. Now as they are stuck with an unhappy player who doesn't want to be there with no additions, their fans are starting to catch on that this protracted mess really isn't in the best interests of Swansea.

Just like us?

I don't understand the concern on this one from everyone. It's confusing.

Sure, I can see why ideally we should have got him in earlier, but with this we've got the player who wants the move, we've tabled what we deem a fair bid, and then Swansea are totally within their rights to ask for more.

And what we've seemingly done is smart - not get milked for no reason and instead simply say "ok, here's our bid, you have an unhappy player on your hands and you are turning down a club record bid. Do what you will."

They'll wilt first. It's inevitable. People just need to calm. He'll be here soon for £45m approx., and even if he's not, it's not automatically because "Everton that".

Just my opinion but I think with a Centre Back, Sigurdsson and Striker still to arrive the club will have a healthy net spend this summer, even when you factor in Lukaku and Barkley's departures.

Sure, but we haven't actually bought any of those players yet.

15 million of add ons not published?.....
Koeman said the other day ..so I err kind of believe him mate .... not having a pop mate but relax see what happens when the window closes ..I thinks it a good window so far ..certainly from previous windows its very good...have a good one :)

You can't guess what's not published when Rooney went we were told the add ons at the time -this time they may be impossible targets to attain another 15 million ?........

not sure what you mean

how much do you think we should have got for lukaku?

I don't see him as a player we really need but Ron really likes him and his number one target.

Swansea are trying to act like they are being bullied by us and they won't budge on the price at all. This to me seems like neivity from their American owners who talking tough but don't realise that the player wants to leave and they won't get the £50m they want.

All this bravado means that Clement can't strengthen a team that nearly got relegated. Window winding down with fewer players around and Paul Clement's targets may not be available.

Not sure what Swansea are trying to achieve as trying to keep a player who doesn't want to be there is a recipe for disaster.

Unfortunately their US owners are busy trying to look tough rather then understanding the damage they could do to their season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back