Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman said the other day ..so I err kind of believe him mate .... not having a pop mate but relax see what happens when the window closes ..I thinks it a good window so far ..certainly from previous windows its very good...have a good one :)
Yes but those add ons conditions may be impossible did you see him miss an open goal for them the other nightlol

You can't guess what's not published when Rooney went we were told the add ons at the time -this time they may be impossible targets to attain another 15 million ?........

We wouldn't have agreed to Impossible targets - who would do a thing like that? If he doesn't meet the targets then it means he has been a failure - meaning the money we got for him was even better.

I don't see him as a player we really need but Ron really likes him and his number one target.

Swansea are trying to act like they are being bullied but us and they won't budge on the price at all. This to me seems like neivity from their American owners who talking tough but don't realise that the player wants to leave and they won't get the £50m they want.

All this bravado means that Clement can't strengthen a team that nearly got relegated. Window winding down with fewer players around and Paul Clement's targets may not be available.

Not sure what Swansea are trying to achieve as trying to keep a player who doesn't want to be there is a recipe for disaster.

Unfortunately their US owners are busy trying to look tough rather then understanding the damage they could do to their season.
They are in a terrible position right now. Even the coach has turned against them. He knows Sigurdsson wants to leave and he knows that we have offered them a fair price. They are losing out on potential replacements because they are trying to create an image. Unfortunately for them, they will probably be in a relegation battle this season- especially if they don't find replacements ASAP. My only guess is that they are waiting to see our game against Stoke. If we poop our pants, maybe they will try to use that to strengthen their bargaining position. Either way, it's gotten to the point where it's out of their best interest to keep him.

They are in a terrible position right now. Even the coach has turned against them. He knows Sigurdsson wants to leave and he knows that we have offered them a fair price. They are losing out on potential replacements because they are trying to create an image. Unfortunately for them, they will probably be in a relegation battle this season- especially if they don't find replacements ASAP. My only guess is that they are waiting to see our game against Stoke. If we poop our pants, maybe they will try to use that to strengthen their bargaining position. Either way, it's gotten to the point where it's out of their best interest to keep him.

Agree mate but what I don't understand is why they haven't even been flexible on the asking price ?

Apparently the seems to be issues at Swansea in the boardroom with Hue Jenkins accepting Siggi wants out and wants to accept our offer but the yanks being stubborn just something I heard so not sure if true.

Don't they realise that this is how transfers work and you rarely get your asking price (unless it's a release clause) especially if a player wants out ?

I just follow the money; there's a reason you can't beat the odds - they're almost always a very good indication of the probability of the outcome. Sig's odds have dropped quite a bit since I last looked where it would be a major shock it if didn't happen, so it looks like it's just about a done thing.

It's much better than hanging on the word of so-called ITKs. Mugs game that.

This is a great post mate.

I'm sure I read on here a few days ago that the deal we'd apparently 'agreed' with them was to pay £45m up front. My god if we did agree that then either we're mugs or desperate - i cant claim to know how these things work but it's generally common knowledge that such deals are almost always paid for in instalments over the life of the contract.

If we agreed that then backtracked - equally poor form. It's hard to believe we've actually done either, but these things are being reported...

Agree mate but what I don't understand is why they haven't even been flexible on the asking price ?

Apparently the seems to be issues at Swansea in the boardroom with Hue Jenkins accepting Siggi wants out and wants to accept our offer but the yanks being stubborn just something I heard so not sure if true.

Don't they realise that this is how transfers work and you rarely get your asking price (unless it's a release clause) especially if a player wants out ?
I've been annoyed with how public they have been about this transfer (leaking false crap to the media non stop). They are trying to paint us as the bad guys, but it is obvious to most that they aren't in a position to dally on this transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back