Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clement should have a word with his owner while we had two fair bid rejected.

I would say Clement's remarks are very much aimed at his owner.

It is Clement more than anyone else whom is being discommoded by these protracted shenanigans....thanks, apparently, to Swansea's owners not being prepared to budge from their own valuation.

Which they are entitled to do, of course....but Clement knows the player is gone and he needs to know his transfer budget.

EFC have already "compromised" by upping the original offer considerably.

It is Clement more than anyone else whom is being discommoded by these protracted shenanigans....thanks, apparently, to Swansea's owners not being prepared to budge from their own valuation.

Which they are entitled to do, of course....but Clement knows the player is gone and he needs to know his transfer budget.

Why do we not dig our heels in on selling our top players????

COMPROMISE NEEDED

Swansea manager Paul Clement has given an update on Gylfi Sigurdsson's future.

"There is no deal done with any club. Talks are ongoing and I am speaking to our chairman and owners every day for updates, but there is no current conclusion.

"The way it is going there needs to be a compromise on both sides."
Clement is a mug for not picking his best player.
He could be worth a couple of points for Swansea before the deal gets done.

Word of the day right there ;) Everybody should try to slip that into their conversations at least once today.

Swansea are entitled to ask for what they want of course, and there are parallels with the situation we found ourselves in with Stones the season he didn't go to Chelsea. That episode ended fairly quickly though, it was not in any way nearly as drawn out as this.

I think with Lukaku the understanding was that he would go this year, we could not stop that.

I assume Sigurdsson made his preference towards joining us clear weeks ago, which just provides Everton with encouragement to keep going in this, and for Clement to now call for compromise.

If Sigurdsson does ultimately join, then this is perhaps a lesson for Swansea's new owners as to when to dig in and when not to. Clements planning for the new season has been severely compromised by not receiving the budget to replace Sigurdsson and integrate those new signings into the squad. Everton have already compromised by offering as much as £10-£20m over what this guy is worth, depending on your point of view.

You can retain your better players for a season or two, but Sigurdsson is what, 27-28? It is off-putting to other players who might be open to joining Swansea for a few seasons as a stepping stone to bigger things, if their club is seen to be rejecting reasonable offers and being unreasonably obstinate. We were ultimately treated by Lukaku, Stones, and now Barkley as some stop-gap before bigger and better things. What goes round comes round for all but the most elite of the elite.

How on earth do you know we haven't identified other targets ...or whatever else is going on behind the scenes .... shock horror they don't tell you what they are doing and guess what ? They never will !

we might be, but the season starts in 2 days and we still haven't filled 2 positions we desperately need. so they either aren't working behind the scenes or they are and making a meal of that aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back