Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
..Sandro can't be played through the middle, you must have seen that in the first half today. Surely Sigurdsson will play no 10, it's his position. The Manager has to be strong, he can only play X1. DCL has to play until another of his type is brought in. Square pegs in round holes.
Sigi has been playing on the left for Swansea, if he is to play in the middle Klassen will go. I think Sandro will do a job down the middle with better service than he had first half today.

..Sandro can't be played through the middle, you must have seen that in the first half today. Surely Sigurdsson will play no 10, it's his position. The Manager has to be strong, he can only play X1. DCL has to play until another of his type is brought in. Square pegs in round holes.

Siguurdson will play off the left. Like he does for Swansea. And he will be really good at it. The left sided link man we've lacked since pienaar declined.

Siguurdson will play off the left. Like he does for Swansea. And he will be really good at it. The left sided link man we've lacked since pienaar declined.

...interesting, Tim. I don't see that at all but you could well be right. I think he'll be wasted out wide and I just don't see him being a link man with Baines. His skill set is getting in and around the CF and I hope that's where he plays but I won't be overly concerned as long as Koeman finds a winning formula.

I love Gylfi as a player but I just don't see how he fits in to our lineup. At Swansea the ball is fed to him almost every attack.

I love Gylfi as a player but I just don't see how he fits in to our lineup. At Swansea the ball is fed to him almost every attack.

...interesting that some think he'll slot in on the left side. I don't see him playing as a conventional wide man for Swansea but I might have that entirely wrong.

I just hope Koeman plays him where he always wanted him to play and not shoehorn him and others just to get them all in the side.

...interesting that some think he'll slot in on the left side. I don't see him playing as a conventional wide man for Swansea but I might have that entirely wrong.

I just hope Koeman plays him where he always wanted him to play and not shoehorn him and others just to get them all in the side.
He's not a conventional wide man, he's an inside left attacker for Swansea. Rooney seemed to come over to our right side a lot in the second half once Martina came on. Sigi would fit into our system no problem imo as we use our fullbacks for width anyway.

There's going to be some great interchanging of positions and passing if we have a 3 of klaasen, Rooney and sigurdsson behind a 9, they can all play well in any of those 3 positions across the attacking 3. Think we will go with sig left, Rooney centre and klaasen right.

I suspect our front 4 will be;

Target Man
Sigurdsson Klaassen Rooney

With Sandro, DCL, Lookman and Mirallad to impact from the bench. I'd have quite a lot of faith in that front 4 if we sign a very good striker, lot of silky passing and clever off the ball movement.

Only thing missing is a bit of pace, and I'd caveat that by saying Davies has to play as one of the two CMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back