Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
...interesting, Tim. I don't see that at all but you could well be right. I think he'll be wasted out wide and I just don't see him being a link man with Baines. His skill set is getting in and around the CF and I hope that's where he plays but I won't be overly concerned as long as Koeman finds a winning formula.

He's never really played as a ten for Swansea. He normally plays on the left to help deliver to llorente. Or when Llorente was out he tended to play as the false 9 or whatever you want to call it. Don't see why we'd want to play him anywhere other than the left.

I can see Koeman wanting to play Siguurdson on the left. Sandro off the right. Rooney as the ten. And then a new striker as the 9.

He's never really played as a ten for Swansea. He normally plays on the left to help deliver to llorente. Or when Llorente was out he tended to play as the false 9 or whatever you want to call it. Don't see why we'd want to play him anywhere other than the left.

I can see Koeman wanting to play Siguurdson on the left. Sandro off the right. Rooney as the ten. And then a new striker as the 9.
Exactly. I personally think he'll rotate guys around, but the ideal scenario is a good target guy up front with Rooney and Siggy behind him right and left respectively. 4-3-3. Klassen is your 8 with Gana/Morgan. It lacks width unless we attack with wing backs. Koeman will also change formation around.

..it was bad because of the formation he played. We were crying out for a focal point up top because the ball kept coming back. The balance looked much better and we became more effective with DCL up top. It's the reason the manager wants a Giroud type.

I agree on the formation thing but not on Sandro not being able to play centrally...I think it limits him. Apart from Wayne, we've still yet to acquire someone who can feed a striker like him, like Rom. We've needed a legitimate playmaker for dogs years.

All this number quoting really confuses me! I always thought a 10 was an inside left and an 8 was an inside right, and I've absolutely no idea what a false 9 could be. Obviously I'm stuck in the long distant past.

Siggy left Spurs as he hates playing left wing and prefers the #10 role which i imagine he will compete with klassen for and klassen will cycle with gueye and schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back