Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not just you mate. I blame Brendon Rogers with his inverted pivots and backwards inside right fullbacks in an upside down marking space formation. Or sommet like that.

When I used to play Subbuteo with my mates in the 70s I always lined up 2-3-5, never Ramsey's Wingless 4-4-2, and they were numbered

1. Keeper

2 Right Full 3. Left Full

4. Right Half 5. Centre 6. Left Half

7. Outside Right 8 Inside Right 9 Centre Forward 10. Inside Left 11. Outside Left

It was a very successful formation for me - I got to the Leinster semi finalsof the All Ireland Subbuteo Championship in 1977!! ;):D

My preferred team was:

West, Wright, Newton, Kendall, Labone, Harvey, Whittle, Ball, Royle, Hurst, Morrissey - Sub Husband.

Such innocent times but a hell of a lot better than FIFA 17!!

I agree on the formation thing but not on Sandro not being able to play centrally...I think it limits him. Apart from Wayne, we've still yet to acquire someone who can feed a striker like him, like Rom. We've needed a legitimate playmaker for dogs years.

...Yep, I don't think Sandro (or Rooney) suit our system playing as the furthest man forward. I have no doubt either can play centrally but on the evidence so far I think the way we play needs a Graeme Sharp type up top.

When I used to play Subbuteo with my mates in the 70s I always lined up 2-3-5, never Ramsey's Wingless 4-4-2, and they were numbered

1. Keeper

7. Outside Right 8 Inside Right 9 Centre Forward 10. Inside Left 11. Outside Left

It was a very successful formation for me - I got to the Leinster semi finalsof the All Ireland Subbuteo Championship in 1977!! ;):D

My preferred team was:

West, Wright, Newton, Kendall, Labone, Harvey, Whittle, Ball, Royle, Hurst, Morrissey - Sub Husband.

Did the same. Great post. Brought back great memories that did. Jimmy Husband for Alan Whittle at the time for me though.

1. Keeper

My preferred team was:

...although it did play havoc with the nail varnish. I think I'd have had Ray Wilson as my left back.

...although it did play havoc with the nail varnish. I think I'd have had Ray Wilson as my left back.

The bloke who beat me in the SF was using some sort of spray on the bases - seemed to be allowed - I reckon he was probably a RS.

Wilson was a legend but I was born just a bit to late to remember him. The 69/70 squad with the League Championship trophy was the first that was stuck on my bedroom wall!!

The bloke who beat me in the SF was using some sort of spray on the bases - seemed to be allowed - I reckon he was probably a RS.

Wilson was a legend but I was born just a bit to late to remember him. The 69/70 squad with the League Championship trophy was the first that was stuck on my bedroom wall!!

...and a lovely memory that is of a truly great team.

1. Keeper

My preferred team was:

Players really lost their heads in Subbuteo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back