Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you're wondering what we are missing / why we are chasing Siggy so hard, look at Spurs' first goal today and specifically the pass from Eriksen.

That sort of pass, within a congested area, with runners like Sandro, Rooney, Klaassen and another striker is exactly what we are missing.

Spend whatever it takes because there are not many Sigs left.

If you're wondering what we are missing / why we are chasing Siggy so hard, look at Spurs' first goal today and specifically the pass from Eriksen.

That sort of pass, within a congested area, with runners like Sandro, Rooney, Klaassen and another striker is exactly what we are missing.

Also note how one of Shakiri's chipped through balls almost done us yesterday.

Conversley this is why I don't want Sig.

Don't think he plays this type of pass very well at all.

His ability to complete difficult passes in tight areas is poor.

https://differentgame.wordpress.com...out-gylfi-sigurdsson-v-ross-barkley-part-one/

"
You can see Barkley there trying more vertical passes from deeper central positions while Sigurdsson is all about putting the ball in the box from out wide.

This is where Sigurdsson’s game falls down. He’s well below average at making the more difficult passes stick. Evertonians will be interested to note that Sigurdsson profiles like a poor man’s Rooney here or a very poor man’s Coutinho/Silva/Ozil/Firmino.

Barkley on the other hand is above average at making more difficult passes stick and profiles as a poor man’s Yaya Toure, or a very poor man’s Fabregas.

On top of this, over the last two years Sigurdsson’s involvement has dropped to the point where Barkley is passing the ball twice as much as the Icelander during a game."

Conversley this is why I don't want Sig.

Don't think he plays this type of pass very well at all.

His ability to complete difficult passes in tight areas is poor.

https://differentgame.wordpress.com...out-gylfi-sigurdsson-v-ross-barkley-part-one/

"
You can see Barkley there trying more vertical passes from deeper central positions while Sigurdsson is all about putting the ball in the box from out wide.

This is where Sigurdsson’s game falls down. He’s well below average at making the more difficult passes stick. Evertonians will be interested to note that Sigurdsson profiles like a poor man’s Rooney here or a very poor man’s Coutinho/Silva/Ozil/Firmino.

Barkley on the other hand is above average at making more difficult passes stick and profiles as a poor man’s Yaya Toure, or a very poor man’s Fabregas.

On top of this, over the last two years Sigurdsson’s involvement has dropped to the point where Barkley is passing the ball twice as much as the Icelander during a game."
But you're missing the context of the team that he plays for.
Swansea were turned into a team completely reliant on balls into Llorente. And to good effect to. It kept them up.
What about when he was at Spurs? Has there been an analysis of the same as to what you attached?
In short, is the evidence a consequence to the team he plays for or is it a trend of his play regardless?
For example, all of his goals for Spurs were from open play. Which completely flies in the face of those who say he's just a fly half in Rugby.

But you're missing the context of the team that he plays for.
Swansea were turned into a team completely reliant on balls into Llorente. And to good effect to. It kept them up.
What about when he was at Spurs? Has there been an analysis of the same as to what you attached?
In short, is the evidence a consequence to the team he plays for or is it a trend of his play regardless?
For example, all of his goals for Spurs were from open play. Which completely flies in the face of those who say he's just a fly half in Rugby.

We can only go on the evidence we have - he certainly has decreased his amount of touches of the ball and become far more direct in the last few seasons.

However I don't see any evidence in his career of this gifted playmaker who plays clever passes. He has always been a hard working player who can strike the ball well with either foot and who has a stated preference to play as a number 10.

We can only go on the evidence we have - he certainly has decreased his amount of touches of the ball and become far more direct in the last few seasons.

However I don't see any evidence in his career of this gifted playmaker who plays clever passes. He has always been a hard working player who can strike the ball well with either foot and who has a stated preference to play as a number 10.

But my point is that that study which you've presented is not enough to make any conclusion of a career which has probably spanned 10 years (presuming he started when 17).

I can think off the top of my head two passes that Sig made last season, one against Leicester, which I cannot imagine anyone in our current team making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back