Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't really referring to either FFP or STCC Zat. Both affect our ability to spend although the latter won't be an issue at the moment due to the profit made on the Lukaku sale. I was simply talking about the ongoing need to not spend money we don't have, either on players or players wages. Moshiri may or may not inject some extra funds into our transfer/wages pot, but I'd be very (and pleasantly) surprised if this were any more than £20/25m. So basically we need to spend what we earn.

upload_2017-8-14_15-9-14.webp

I wasn't really referring to either FFP or STCC Zat. Both affect our ability to spend although the latter won't be an issue at the moment due to the profit made on the Lukaku sale. I was simply talking about the ongoing need to not spend money we don't have, either on players or players wages. Moshiri may or may not inject some extra funds into our transfer/wages pot, but I'd be very (and pleasantly) surprised if this were any more than £20/25m. So basically we need to spend what we earn.

So Basically financial fair play protocols then, also if he used his own money to clear the debt and allowed Everton to spend more due to no interest payments does that not constitute putting his own money in ?

BTW this is taking far too long to finish

What's the issue now? How can this be going any longer?

Surely there's ways for both clubs to save face and move on?

Everton la

Can't see us getting any more than £50/55 million for those players myself.
Possibly mate. Especially if we let Barkley go cheaply. Personally I wouldn't sell him for less than £35m, especially to somebody like Spurs. In my head I had Barkley £30/35m, McCarthy £25m and £10/15m for the other 3.

So Basically financial fair play protocols then, also if he used his own money to clear the debt and allowed Everton to spend more due to no interest payments does that not constitute putting his own money in ?

BTW this is taking far too long to finish
Mate. Read my first post that Zat was responding to. I'm not having a go at Moshiri here for lack of investment. I'm actually trying to give a possible explanation as to why the more recent transfers are taking longer to go through. And why the club aren't in a position to just pay up whatever other clubs are asking for their players.

True and overall I'm happy with the window but without those final pieces namely a target man or pacey winger we are lacking. This second half of the window has been very familiar and I understand why but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back