Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask where you get 70m from?

We made an accounting loss last accounts of around 26mish from memory, which probably means half of this years TV money will have gone towards paying that to a degree, we havent spent 7m, our manager is chatting wham on that score, as he constantly says "he doesnt get involved with the money side".

Klaassen 24m
Pickford 30m
Keane 30m
Sandro 5.2m
Henry 7m
Rooney 10m
Bowler 2m
Gibson 6m

114.2m

Geri 10.5m
Lukaku 100m
The Clev 8m

118.5m

This is how I see the "net spend" so far, if you factor in the 20m+ accounting loss from last accounts, add the "net spend" from January of another 20m, that accounts for the TV money increase from this season, add the "improved" commercials deals and also the wages increases we have made buy signing Morgan, Rooney and others this Summer and we probably have 50p and a Twix as far as "cash to hand".

And accounting loss definitely does not equate to debt. I could have a profit of 2m for the year. Then issues bonuses to all my staff for 3m. I have a loss of 1m. I don't have a debt.

Buck up your math Goat

I don't think we'll finish with massive net spend, nor do I necessarily think that is a bad thing, but Sigurdsson (or Sigurdssoon as my lad calls him) is not dependent on Ross in any way. However if we cannot seall Ross it does increase the likelihood we ship out a bench player or two (McCarthy, Besic, Mirallas).

May I ask where you get 70m from?

We made an accounting loss last accounts of around 26mish from memory, which probably means half of this years TV money will have gone towards paying that to a degree, we havent spent 7m, our manager is chatting wham on that score, as he constantly says "he doesnt get involved with the money side".

Klaassen 24m
Pickford 30m
Keane 30m
Sandro 5.2m
Henry 7m
Rooney 10m
Bowler 2m
Gibson 6m

114.2m

Geri 10.5m
Lukaku 100m
The Clev 8m

118.5m

This is how I see the "net spend" so far, if you factor in the 20m+ accounting loss from last accounts, add the "net spend" from January of another 20m, that accounts for the TV money increase from this season, add the "improved" commercials deals and also the wages increases we have made buy signing Morgan, Rooney and others this Summer and we probably have 50p and a Twix as far as "cash to hand".
So we have spent £4mil then are new overlord told Blue Bill he would give us what we wanted.. Bill even came out and said we could now buy any player we want, so why àre we scrambling around as always.. Are motto should be" Once a selling club always a selling club "

And accounting loss definitely does not equate to debt. I could have a profit of 2m for the year. Then issues bonuses to all my staff for 3m. I have a loss of 1m. I don't have a debt.

Buck up your math Goat

It doesnt, im just doing it from a laymans POV, im not an expert frandel, I dont pretend to be, im just a lad on a forum doing matchbox math.

Im just suggesting that I dont think we as a club have serious cashflow swimming around, I can only imagine the Agent fee costs this summer.

We have done some serious cost cutting the last 6months with regards shipping out players and loaning others out, its allowed us to spend some serious money this season, almost every player we signed would have been on more wages than the player they "replaced", take Lukaku for example, he was said to be our highest paid player last season on around 85-90k, we then signed Morgan on wages of around 100k, Rooney its suggested is on around 150k, Sandro had to be tempted with a serious wage, Mirallas and Coleman would have probably got a wage increase when given new contracts.

As I say, im not an expert and its very hard to follow the money.

So we have spent £4mil then are new overlord told Blue Bill he would give us what we wanted.. Bill even came out and said we could now buy any player we want, so why àre we scrambling around as always.. Are motto should be" Once a selling club always a selling club "

Well currently our manager has demanded 3 players, lets see if we get them, cos if not, I cant imagine the gaffer will be happy about it all and nor will I.

*our :) Soz mate, couldn't resist.

Also, get on with it Ev, you've somehow made our most exciting summer in years boring again

It doesnt, im just doing it from a laymans POV, im not an expert frandel, I dont pretend to be, im just a lad on a forum doing matchbox math.

Im just suggesting that I dont think we as a club have serious cashflow swimming around, I can only imagine the Agent fee costs this summer.

We have done some serious cost cutting the last 6months with regards shipping out players and loaning others out, its allowed us to spend some serious money this season, almost every player we signed would have been on more wages than the player they "replaced", take Lukaku for example, he was said to be our highest paid player last season on around 85-90k, we then signed Morgan on wages of around 100k, Rooney its suggested is on around 150k, Sandro had to be tempted with a serious wage, Mirallas and Coleman would have probably got a wage increase when given new contracts.

As I say, im not an expert and its very hard to follow the money.

We've not spent major money at all. We've been out spent by likes of Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back