£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the suspected imminent arrival of siguardsson, who do we think will be sold out of the midfield?
At present we have:
Davies, Schnerderlin, Morgan, Besic, Gana, Klassen, Barry and McCarthy.
As much as we need a large squad for Europe, we are overloaded with central midfielders. Who if any do we think will be moved on.

£30M for Barkley; £20M for McCarthy; £10M for Niasse. And that to the £112M clawed back in so far this window and that's £172M.

£98M has been spent so far and two more are slated to come in; £70M will cover it easily (as long as they dont throw anymore down the toliet).

All that amounts to a zero net spend.

Nothing has changed. In fact, take that back: it will have changed...changed back from smallish net spends of the previous four seasons to no net spend....at best.

ffs Dave why does it matter if we spend a gazillion more than what we bring in??

Would it have made you feel better if Utd said "just to make Dave feel better, we will just pay you 2m for Lukaku so your net spend will look good"

What matters is that we will be stronger when the season starts and the window closes. It's the 13th July ffs

Due to the suspected imminent arrival of siguardsson, who do we think will be sold out of the midfield?
At present we have:
Davies, Schnerderlin, Morgan, Besic, Gana, Klassen, Barry and McCarthy.
As much as we need a large squad for Europe, we are overloaded with central midfielders. Who if any do we think will be moved on.

McCarthy nailed on imo

I know he can be frustrating, but I actually like his contrarian approach.

If anything it makes me think.

I mean he's actally not wrong (at this point) that we haven't spent a dime this window...in fact we've made about £10m.

Is thay necessarily a bad thing? No. I think the squad is looking better than where we were before the window opened.

That said until we actually start spending money we are hardly doing a Chelsea/City.

Utterly untrue. The amount we've added to our wage bill alone will be staggering. Sandro on £120k per week for example. Rooney on £150k per week.
Yes we've recouped some transfer fees, but our overall outlay has been big, and if you are purely considering net spend of transfer fees you're missing an awful lot. It's a crude measure.

£30M for Barkley; £20M for McCarthy; £10M for Niasse. And that to the £112M clawed back in so far this window and that's £172M.

£98M has been spent so far and two more are slated to come in; £70M will cover it easily (as long as they dont throw anymore down the toliet).

All that amounts to a zero net spend.

Nothing has changed. In fact, take that back: it will have changed...changed back from smallish net spends of the previous four seasons to no net spend....at best.

To be fair if we spend another £70m having bought in 2 or 3 more players and end on zero net spend I couldn't give a toss. We've lost Lukaku and possibly Barkley, the rest are utter garbage that needed moving on and the overall quality of the squad is still massively improved.

Sell to buy = normal window....whether that's a £50M/£75M/£100M spend on players...it's all still recycling assets in blue jerseys.....the inconvenient truth.

Rooney...... 35 yards out......... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LIKE HE'D NEVER BEEN AWAY

And that's all that matters.

I see this stat but he doesn't actually touch the ball and he doesn't seem to be tackling or intercepting much. So where the hell is he running every game? Is he just doing laps?
Look at his goals and his assists mate, that's a truer reflection of his importance to swansea and what he can bring to Everton.

Spending 170m on players.

Just a normal window.

To be fair, the rebuilding job he had to do after clown shoes was even bigger than he probably envisaged.

The squad was in a shocking state and morale as low as it had been since we finished 4th from bottom under Moyes.

Such an overhaul of players was crucial.

ffs Dave why does it matter if we spend a gazillion more than what we bring in??

Would it have made you feel better if Utd said "just to make Dave feel better, we will just pay you 2m for Lukaku so your net spend will look good"

What matters is that we will be stronger when the season starts and the window closes. It's the 13th July ffs
It'd make me happy if they spent our massive Lukaku windfall like they had a 'kin clue what they were doing with it.

Maybe if Moshiri's own cash was being used here some more stringent overseeing would be taking place.

As it is it's not out of his pocket and he's allowing some Dutchman to piss it all up against a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back