£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd make me happy if they spent our massive Lukaku windfall like they had a 'kin clue what they were doing with it.

Maybe if Moshiri's own cash was being used here some more stringent overseeing would be taking place.

As it is it's not out of his pocket and he's allowing some Dutchman to piss it all up against a wall.

He's not "some Dutchman" as you put it and I don't see him pissing anything up the wall except pissing you off that he might actually be a success.

You say he's sold all of our best players? He's sold one, one who wanted to go and basicslly whoring himself out every month for 3 years.

Stones? Was already gone regardless of who was manager.

Who else? Barkley?

It'd make me happy if they spent our massive Lukaku windfall like they had a 'kin clue what they were doing with it.

Maybe if Moshiri's own cash was being used here some more stringent overseeing would be taking place.

As it is it's not out of his pocket and he's allowing some Dutchman to piss it all up against a wall.
Your fishing technique is getting a bit desperate Dave. Laughed out loud at 'some Dutchman'. Top work.

Yes, that's right folks, some mouth foaming lunatic is actually telling a billionaire that he does not know what he is doing.

Where do you sit mate?

I havent been a game since October 86 when they sold me cold Bovril.

Surely it doesnt matter who sits where?
Don't agree mate. When you are so opinionated and profess to be such a superior knowledge and you slag the opinions off of many who disagree with you continually, endlessly, yet you don't even go the match. Well that to me matters a little bit. I find going to the match, watching the game live gives me a much more informed, rounded perspective than watching it on the tv / computer screen. Helps me with my judgement. Just saying. Just curious. Where all this certain knowledge springs from

£30M for Barkley; £20M for McCarthy; £10M for Niasse. And that to the £112M clawed back in so far this window and that's £172M.

£98M has been spent so far and two more are slated to come in; £70M will cover it easily (as long as they dont throw anymore down the toliet).

All that amounts to a zero net spend.

Nothing has changed. In fact, take that back: it will have changed...changed back from smallish net spends of the previous four seasons to no net spend....at best.
It's bloody brilliance isn't it, getting rid of dead wood, letting go of players who don't want to be here. Filling the squad with players who have a chance to move us forward, want to be here and we are still in the black....I'm gobsmacked we've achieved such a brilliant summer so far. Every other club must wish they could achieve this. When we can offer champions league and the players we sell have the bump in there transfer price we may do it again but with even more established players, screw net spend net intelligence is what you need if you wanna be the best ain't it Dave!

Sorry, cant see it.

Keane is the one that stands out like a sore thumb as a genuine good buy.

Rooney: he'll be in and out of the team; the rest are a punt into the unknown.

What Koeman has done is placed so far £90-m (minus the Keane cash) into a slot machine and we wait and see if it pays off.

I've filled my serious posting quota for this week David so I can't respond with anything useful.

Angie is getting smashed all over the place by Ghost in Power here and I need to give that my fully attention.

I agree with Dave, but I think he just means people should stop acting like we are the Mersey Millionaires again and acting like Moshiri is our saviour because we are reinvesting money from player sales.

I've filled my serious posting quota for this week David so I can't respond with anything useful.

Angie is getting smashed all over the place by Ghost in Power here and I need to give that my fully attention.

That happens every episode for the first three seasons

Look at his goals and his assists mate, that's a truer reflection of his importance to swansea and what he can bring to Everton.

I have, in great detail.

He takes a great set piece, there is a value to that.

However for every set piece he takes for us you have to realise that that takes a goal/assist away from Baines/Barkley/whoever.

So lets say under Sig we score an extra 4 goals from set pieces than we would have otherwise. That would be good, in the PL a goal is worth roughly a point on average. 4 extra points could be CL qualfication.

However we also have to consider open play. In those terms he doesn't produce as much as you would hope 4/5 goals and similar assists in a whole season playing in a front 3.

That is a big problem for me. In open play he is nothing special, even allowing for the team he plays in. When the likes of Wayne Routledge and Marrou Barrow are making twice as many chances over a season, in the same team, as a player we are going to splash £50m on then it is a worry.

Due to the suspected imminent arrival of siguardsson, who do we think will be sold out of the midfield?
At present we have:
Davies, Schnerderlin, Morgan, Besic, Gana, Klassen, Barry and McCarthy.
As much as we need a large squad for Europe, we are overloaded with central midfielders. Who if any do we think will be moved on.

They all do different jobs. We have 5 holding type midfielders - Besic, Gana, Morgan, Barry and McCarthy, a box to box player on Davies and two attacking mids in Davy and Gyfi. We could probably lose two of Barry, Besic and McCarthy but two of those are always injured and one is too slow. It great to have so many options in midfield. I remember the days of Neville and Heitinga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back