£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Dave, but I think he just means people should stop acting like we are the Mersey Millionaires again and acting like Moshiri is our saviour because we are reinvesting money from player sales.

So wages don't count? improving the quality of the squad by paying higher wages etc...is that all not relevant?

Don't agree mate. When you are so opinionated and profess to be such a superior knowledge and you [Poor language removed] the opinions off of many who disagree with you continually, endlessly, yet you don't even go the match. Well that to me matters a little bit. I find going to the match, watching the game live gives me a much more informed, rounded perspective than watching it on the tv / computer screen. Helps me with my judgement. Just saying. Just curious. Where all this certain knowledge springs from
Lad moat will sit on your face if you carry on.

Sorry, cant see it.

Keane is the one that stands out like a sore thumb as a genuine good buy.

Rooney: he'll be in and out of the team; the rest are a punt into the unknown.

What Koeman has done is placed so far £90-m (minus the Keane cash) into a slot machine and we wait and see if it pays off.
All signings are a gamble. Di Maria was bought for £60m and was an absolute flop.

The massive majority of Evertonians are absolutely buzzing.

This all boils down to Martinez being thrown out on his ear. Out of sheer spite you were going to try and undermine whatever manager came in.

Btw, you can say his name, y'know? Noticed it is always 'The Dutchman' or something else. He is the Voldemort to your Harry Potter.

We're close to moving into a new stadium, we are signing good players, the fan base has something to genuinely be excited about for the first time in my memory. Be happy.

I agree with Dave, but I think he just means people should stop acting like we are the Mersey Millionaires again and acting like Moshiri is our saviour because we are reinvesting money from player sales.

And is that not very sound business sense, while improving our squad...?

I'm a newbie but isn't it a bit more than just "reinvesting money"? Bigger and more sponsors have come. Bramley Moore...

Swansea rejected a 40m bid from Leicester about 2 days ago.

This bid was pure incompetence from that absolute stain Walsh.

image.webp

Half way through series 2 and it's happening regularly, getting a bit dehydrated.

Season Three is like that modern series of Spartacus, half storyline half highly graphic sexual content

On a related note, there is a fourth season out now.

I have, in great detail.

He takes a great set piece, there is a value to that.

However for every set piece he takes for us you have to realise that that takes a goal/assist away from Baines/Barkley/whoever.

So lets say under Sig we score an extra 4 goals from set pieces than we would have otherwise. That would be good, in the PL a goal is worth roughly a point on average. 4 extra points could be CL qualfication.

However we also have to consider open play. In those terms he doesn't produce as much as you would hope 4/5 goals and similar assists in a whole season playing in a front 3.

That is a big problem for me. In open play he is nothing special, even allowing for the team he plays in. When the likes of Wayne Routledge and Marrou Barrow are making twice as many chances over a season, in the same team, as a player we are going to splash £50m on then it is a worry.

Except he is very good in open play. Lovely touch and first time lay offs. Also scores in big games.

I have, in great detail.

He takes a great set piece, there is a value to that.

However for every set piece he takes for us you have to realise that that takes a goal/assist away from Baines/Barkley/whoever.

So lets say under Sig we score an extra 4 goals from set pieces than we would have otherwise. That would be good, in the PL a goal is worth roughly a point on average. 4 extra points could be CL qualfication.

However we also have to consider open play. In those terms he doesn't produce as much as you would hope 4/5 goals and similar assists in a whole season playing in a front 3.

That is a big problem for me. In open play he is nothing special, even allowing for the team he plays in. When the likes of Wayne Routledge and Marrou Barrow are making twice as many chances over a season, in the same team, as a player we are going to splash £50m on then it is a worry.

You are judging his play in a team that was close to relegation last season, against what he possibly could achieve in a team that finished in a European qualifying place.

Apples & oranges...

Considering we tend to play with 3 midfielders further back we have:

Tier 1: Davies, Morgan, Gana
Tier 2: Besic, Barry, McCarthy

Unsure where Klaassen will play but as you can see we have the right amount + kids. Could probably lose one (McCarthy).
I agree. I think koeman does like McCarthy (although the Ireland business from last season, probably put strain on the relationship). The high tempo game that koeman likes to adopt; you'd think someone like Barry would be surplus to requirements, but he is Morgan's only natural replacement, I feel.
Due to his injury issues, I think McCarthy could be sacrificed. The natives at West Ham and Newcastle are getting restless, he'd be a good addition to either squad. Either way after watching the game today, I think we desperately need another centre half if we are going to compete next season. Talks of VVD is pie in the sky, but Gibson of boro (whose left footed) would be a welcome addition to the team. Due to their relegation, they won't be in as stronger position as swansea regarding their bargaining position. Koeman spoke of only 1-2 more in. He also said at the end of the season, we'd be targeting 27-29 year olds. Barring siguardsson, what a red herring he has thrown. I'd prefer 3. Gibson, Giroud and siguardsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back