£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it the cold bovril that pushed you over the line? I'll be honest the bovril has been piping hot every time I've gotten one and I'm pretty sure the pies my dad bought two seasons ago are still sat under my seat in the upper gwladys, too hot to eat.

Last time I bought a pie at the ground I actually got 1st degree burns and that was after waiting almost 70minutes for it to cool down.

I think they use nuclear waste to heat them up.

Laughing at people arguing with Dave like they have the key point he's never heard before that's going to change his mind.

He is making some very valid points if your open minded and listen.
It works both ways. If anyone ever makes a valid point to Dave, he will ignore the post.

He is like one of them religious lunatics in town screaming that the world is going to end. Eventually they are going to be right and it will end.

It is easy to be right, if negativity is the only thing you have got.

I'm living for the happy moment that we have right now. I believe the majority of blues are doing the same. We have had enough negativity to last a lifetime, I'm certainly not going to look on the bad side of what is going on right now.

This is Leicester City we are talking about. Their preference might be to sell abroad but they would still sell to the highest bidder
I doubt they'd sell to another English club. Their only incentive would be to maintain a happy camp and ensure future recruits they won't be held captive. Their owner isn't poor and they got to the quarters of the champions league last year. Two straight years of big revenue for them.

Swansea rejected a 40m bid from Leicester about 2 days ago.

This bid was pure incompetence from that absolute stain Walsh.

Really, it amazes me that people can't read this. Here's the breakdown:

Leicester bid 40 mill for Gylfi, turned down by Swansea quote 50 mill. Player remains happy.

Everton bid 40mill, turned down by Swansea, player instantly unhappy.

Basically what Everton did to Swansea today was leave them with a very unhappy big asset who wants to move to Everton, all the time the transfer window ticks on and they have limited time to reinvest. The bid today was all about leverage in negotiation of the fee. The first bite from Jaws. Result: Swansea now know they have a very unhappy asset worth tens of millions who wants out. We are squeezing them.

It's actually a brilliant strategy.

How anyone can say that Walsh etc forgot that Leicester had a bid turned down for the same amount is beyond me. These fellas are earning millions a year doing exactly the above.

Last edited:

It'd make me happy if they spent our massive Lukaku windfall like they had a 'kin clue what they were doing with it.

Maybe if Moshiri's own cash was being used here some more stringent overseeing would be taking place.

As it is it's not out of his pocket and he's allowing some Dutchman to piss it all up against a wall.

Dave, what line will you be taking if it all comes together and Koeman has us winning silverware?

Really, it amazes me that people can't read this. Here's the breakdown:

Leicester bid 40 mill for Gylfi, turned down Swansea quote 50 mill. Player remains happy.

Everton bid 40mill, turned down by Swansea, player instantly unhappy.

Basically what Everton did to Swansea today was leave them with a very unhappy unhappy big asset who wants to move to Everton, all the time the transfer window ticks on and they have limited time to reinvest. The bid today was all about leverage in negotiation of the fee. The first bite from Jaws. Result: Swansea now know they have a very unhappy asset worth tens of millions who wants out. We are squeezing them.

It's actually a brilliant strategy.

How anyone can say that Walsh etc forgot that Leicester had a bid turned down for the sa,e a,punt is beyond me. These fellas are earning millions a year doing exactly the above.
In his defence, I don't think he knows much about Everton.

Utterly untrue. The amount we've added to our wage bill alone will be staggering. Sandro on £120k per week for example. Rooney on £150k per week.
Yes we've recouped some transfer fees, but our overall outlay has been big, and if you are purely considering net spend of transfer fees you're missing an awful lot. It's a crude measure.
Maybe, but if you look at net spend and allow for massive increase in TV revenue then your argument re wages is redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back