£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works both ways. If anyone ever makes a valid point to Dave, he will ignore the post.

He is like one of them religious lunatics in town screaming that the world is going to end. Eventually they are going to be right and it will end.

It is easy to be right, if negativity is the only thing you have got.

I'm living for the happy moment that we have right now. I believe the majority of blues are doing the same. We have had enough negativity to last a lifetime, I'm certainly not going to look on the bad side of what is going on right now.

Haha he's a fire mate your all feeding him. You need to listen to some of what he is saying he is making some very valid points, I share some of his concerns, but wouldn't be as absolute about them, until the end of the window and we are ten games into the season.

There are big ??? over the administration and bankrolling of this window.

£30M for Barkley; £20M for McCarthy; £10M for Niasse. And that to the £112M clawed back in so far this window and that's £172M.

£98M has been spent so far and two more are slated to come in; £70M will cover it easily (as long as they dont throw anymore down the toliet).

All that amounts to a zero net spend.

Nothing has changed. In fact, take that back: it will have changed...changed back from smallish net spends of the previous four seasons to no net spend....at best.
yawn-gif-11.gif

Haha he's a fire mate your all feeding him. You need to listen to some of what he is saying he is making some very valid points, I share some of his concerns, but wouldn't be as absolute about them.
He does make some good points. I think he is a good poster, tbh.

As I say, though, if somebody makes a valid point to him, he will completely ignore it.

He has an agenda and won't shift from that.

The insults to Koeman are beyond petty. How anyone can moan after he moved us up 4 places after that clown is beyond me.

Sell to buy = normal window....whether that's a £50M/£75M/£100M spend on players...it's all still recycling assets in blue jerseys.....the inconvenient truth.
Exactly, all about the context. Spending £170m last summer - massive statement of intent. This summer, if Barkley, Niasse & McCarthy also sold, pretty much balancing books.

£30M for Barkley; £20M for McCarthy; £10M for Niasse. And that to the £112M clawed back in so far this window and that's £172M.

£98M has been spent so far and two more are slated to come in; £70M will cover it easily (as long as they dont throw anymore down the toliet).

All that amounts to a zero net spend.

Nothing has changed. In fact, take that back: it will have changed...changed back from smallish net spends of the previous four seasons to no net spend....at best.

id be very surprised Dave if we sold the players mentioned that we only spent 70 million. 50 on Iceland, we will buy a striker i believe which will set us back another 30 mil minimum plus another midfielder if Mccarthy leaves for anything between 20 - 30 million. I guess time will tell mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back