£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes complaining that we will ONLY spend 170m this window on players.

Im sorry, but thats not even close to a valid point.

But with significant outgoings and potentially others, that will also impact. I'm not a greater believer in net spend, but it is relevant and there does seem to be a trend in terms of player trading.

I also don't like that we sold our best player to a team we should be competing against.

Sums spent can be thrown around all day, but if the source is player trading our best players that's a concern.

The money comes from somewhere.

I think it's a valid concern that we have bought potential certainly, but have or could also loose quality to our biggest rivals.

The question is are we progressing or are we just moving the deck chairs around, it's a wait and see for me.

I'm with Dave.

Selling T-Clevz, Geads, Gerald, Gibbo, Bryan and not keeping Enner was a huge mistake. Then there's Oumar and Kone being discarded. It's criminal. Should've kept the self-publicist with a penchant for spilling his guts to any journo who'd listen too.
Sod Everton.
Fancy selling such a posse of sheer brilliance as that just to buy some biffs like Gana, Schneiderlin, Pickford, Keane, Ramirez, Ajax's captain and the alltime greatest United and England goalscorer.
Some Dutchman he is!

Honestly he is providing balance here in a very concrete way, but raising some excellent points and concerns. I don't wholly disagree with what he's saying, more that the jury is out.
That's the way I see it. The time he completely lost it posting wise was Martinez's final season.

But with significant outgoings and potentially others, that will also impact. I'm not a greater believer in net spend, but it is relevant and their does seem to be a trend in terms of player trading.

I also don't like that we sold our best player to a team we should be competing against.

Sums spent can be thrown around all day, but if the source is player trading our best players that's a concern.

The money comes from somewhere.

I think it's a valid concern that we have bought potential certainly, but have or could also loose quality to our biggest rivals.

The question is are we progressing or are we just moving the deck chairs around, it's a wait and see for me.

But this window isnt like any others, so far we have spent ALMOST 100m and got more in return and we arent finished yet, we are close to completing our 9th signing, 9 signings in July.

Im willing to discuss the merits of all the players, I personally have no major concerns with any of them, some of the fees are on the high side, but ive said since this window started, this transfer window will be disgusting. For once we are 1 of the team engaged deep in the filth, sit back and enjoy the ride.

We have sold Lukaku, he has wanted to leave for the last 2 years, finally somebody bid for him, hes was a big player for us, without question our best player, but we replaced him with 7 others, for me thats just what this squad needed.

But this window isnt like any others, so far we have spent ALMOST 100m and got more in return and we arent finished yet, we are close to completing our 9th signing, 9 signings in July.

Im willing to discuss the merits of all the players, I personally have no major concerns with any of them, some of the fees are on the high side, but ive said since this window started, this transfer window will be disgusting. For once we are 1 of the team engaged deep in the filth, sit back and enjoy the ride.

We have sold Lukaku, he has wanted to leave for the last 2 years, finally somebody bid for him, hes was a big player for us, without question our best player, but we replaced him with 7 others, for me thats just what this squad needed.
you're right that the fees in this window are stratospheric but I get the feeling that those clubs that will be buying lat in the window will get really screwed for relative dross. We done good so far.

To be fair mate like your post there, why would anyone respond to a post were they are insulted.

As I said before, he is a wind-up merchant. He NEVER replies to sensible and logical posts that counter or demolish his points.

And others have said in the past (you will see it if you are able to call up their posts , which you probably can not), that he acts like a closet Kopite given the total negativity he has displayed over a long period of time towards most, if not all, of what has gone on with the club. Even the good stuff such as the signings which are a marked improvement on what we have at present, as clearly evidenced by the pages tonight in this thread.

So dave gives it out with his total negativity towards other posters in his comments, and gets it back in turn.

What's your problem? Should we all just sit back and take the crap he dishes out...? Should we not respond, even if it is Scouse irony/piss-taking...?

I do think quite a few of his posts are most entertaining, though! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back