£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
On average Sigurdsson's created chances must have been higher quality than Barkley's, because they had similar numbers of assists from open play, despite Barkley creating many more chances, and for a better striker.

Basically this, hopefully we sign the lad and keep Barkley, but pretty sure out the two Sigurddson right now is the better and more consistent player

Klaassen will play box-to-box not attacking mid for us so this guy, or at least his position, is vital if Ross goes.

I have been saying this for a while. Klaassen has played/can play as a 4,8 or 10. His best role is an 8. He might play some 10 to get used to PL pace but the aim in buying him is to add goals to our midfield 3 not to add him to our front 3. As it stands I think we'll line up with Davies at RB, Klaassen in a midfield 3 with Morgan and Gana and Rooney, Sigurdsson behind Sandro.

I think a change in mindset is needed from the fanbase now and I include myself in that as I too think this is way too much for him. We as fans have been quite happy seeing other clubs overpay for our players - notably Man City, with Rodwell, Lescott and Stones. We can't have it all our own way and just using Lescott as an example. I bet City fans were a bit frustrated spending that much on him as £24m was extortionate at the time. But spending money like that has elevated their club to the top of the league and if us spending like this gets us in to the top 4 then i'm all for it.

Will any of their fans look back now and think 'we were mad to spend that much on him, we got ripped off'... No they won't because they will think of the success that overspending on him and others brought. As funny as it is that the RS have failed to win the league with overspending, it has still kept them near the top of the table and they have just often wasted the money on players which we may not necessarily do ourselves. Times have changed at Everton and our fans should be happy about it.

We have sold players for big amounts, have a Billionaire at the back of us and the huge TV money to be able to spend £40m+ on these players.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but I don't think Sigurdsson is the player to be overpaying for. Barkley is the better player of the two, if we're overpaying I'd rather we were a little more ambitious.

Our £40mill bid rejected?

Swansea rejected our initial bid for Williams last year.

We were in with a new offer a few hours later that they accepted.

This will get done now, I think.

I honestly did think it would drag on though, and that he'd go on the tour.

Him not doing that is purely to try and push through this move.

And to prove that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back