20,000 sign petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who argue against betting I can understand to a degree.
It’s peoples choice whether they gamble or not. Like it’s everybody's choice if they drink or not.
I bet most of the fans who signed the petition like a drink. Yes?
But hey maybe they should argue that all pubs and off licenses should close because of alcoholism.
Because of logo on the shirt will it make people gamble? Maybe
I bet the same people didn’t argue about Chang!!!
I think it’s a bit pathetic in all honesty

It’s peoples choice whether they gamble or not. Like it’s everybody's choice if they drink or not.
But hey maybe they should argue that all pubs and off licenses should close because of alcoholism.
I’ve been affected by both much more by parent being a alcoholic and having to grow up quick as a young teen to basically look after myself but I’d never dream of setting up a petition

It is but it’s a sponsor on a shirt and generates income shouldn’t really be an issue
It isn't to me other than how crap they are compared to what other clubs get. Things like this affect how many shirts we can sell and brands can connect themselves to us which could have a negative effect if they are in any way dodgy.

It isn't to me other than how crap they are compared to what other clubs get. Things like this affect how many shirts we can sell and brands can connect themselves to us which could have a negative effect if they are in any way dodgy.
True mate and just goes to show cause I know there’s at least 20,000 that won’t be buying a shirt ?

if they banned gambling, drinking and fast food advertising / sponsorships then it would actually be the people's choice whether they want to partake in those activities or not because they are not influenced at all

at the moment, the only thing banned is smoking advertising

i feel like we are heading in that direction where any advert which promotes something which could be potentially dangerous or harmful to the body or mind will end up getting banned. The government have already scheduled meetings to decide about banning gambling advertising.

the problem is that these companies are billionaire conglomerates with massive influence so i doubt we will ever see a McDonalds or KFC advert being banned anytime soon.

I’ve been affected by both much more by parent being a alcoholic and having to grow up quick as a young teen to basically look after myself but I’d never dream of setting up a petition
Mate sorry to here that it must have been hard but had similar issues with both parents through drink when I was a young lad.
My father was an alcoholic and it killed him in the end. Terrible illness
I’ve got to be honest I do like a bet. Do an acca at the weekend. Never lose what I can’t afford though.
The thing is gambling is advertised everywhere nowadays. I don’t think Everton’s sponsor will not make much difference anyway you look at this. It’s totally a business decision

Mate sorry to here that it must have been hard but had similar issues with both parents through drink when I was a young lad.
My father was an alcoholic and it killed him in the end. Terrible illness
I’ve got to be honest I do like a bet. Do an acca at the weekend. Never lose what I can’t afford though.
The thing is gambling is advertised everywhere nowadays. I don’t think Everton’s sponsor will not make much difference anyway you look at this. It’s totally a business decision
Yes as mentioned in an ideal world we wouldn’t be sponsored by one but it’s not an ideal world and we need to generate as much money as possible due to poor transfers and manager sackings etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.