2013 International Champions Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh FFS, we're not going to have 3 pages of Stallone puns are we?
Just like the "Lords of Flatbush", there is now "No place to hide". It's not really "Paradise Alley" here is it, and how these threads are "Staying Alive" I don't know, it's all a bit "Over the Top". Now please, "Stop or my mom will shoot" and give you "A bullet to the head" You are all "Expendables", so don't try and "Reach Me" for a "Grudge match"

Thank you Wikipedia

Oh FFS, we're not going to have 3 pages of Stallone puns are we?
Just like the "Lords of Flatbush", there is now "No place to hide". It's not really "Paradise Alley" here is it, and how these threads are "Staying Alive" I don't know, it's all a bit "Over the Top". Now please, "Stop or my mom will shoot" and give you "A bullet to the head" You are all "Expendables", so don't try and "Reach Me" for a "Grudge match"

Thank you Wikipedia

Liverpool 1 Rocky III

So not only is it an absolute disgrace that they're changing the rules mid tournament these rules have only been changed to our group, according to these new rules this means that Valencia should be playing in the third place game because they finished on the same points as AC Milan but had a better goal difference but of course this rule for some reason doesn't apply to them it only applys to us.

To be totally honest, i would rather play Valencia because we have already played two really good teams and Valencia are on a similar standard to us, allowing us to have more attacking play and help us focus on them attacking areas but the fact of the matter is that once again Everton have been screwed over and there's now fans who are going to lose money on the tickets and air fares they paid because we now play on a different day.
Head-to-head comes into account before goal difference/goals scored etc. AC beat Valencia so they go into the 3rd place match.

It all comes down to head to heads and differing goal percentage permutations multiplied by the noise decibel in the stadium them divided by the number of fans and then basically they chose who they want for American TV audiences.... It's a friendly comp guys.... Not the world cup.

As many of you are finding out (and all due apologies to Kay20...no offense) but they've been changing the rules for the LA Galaxy for years here. Even Alexi Lalas admitted as much.

Welcome to my world.

I find it funny that you guys think that the rules are being changed for LA....when we are probably the lowest drawing club of the clubs in the tournament.

I feel bad for the Evertonians, but no rules were changed for LA - again, we are going to give the tourney the least revenue. If rules were going to be changed it would be for Real Madrid. Has anyone checked if they wanted a certain time which had a domino effect?

Remember that they specified what time they could play their semi final which forced us into 5pm west coast time.

P.S. TX Bill, they apparently just changed rules for Seattle, so it's just the rich clubs apparently.

Website is now saying we are playing Valencia. Really is a joke this tournament how they keep changing things whenever they feel like, it's so badly organised. LA Galaxy obviously weren't happy with Valencia and wanted Milan lol.

Trust me. No one cares.

Everyone in LA thought we were playing in the 5th place game.

Event organizers screwed the pooch for LA too.

Last edited by a moderator:
the good quality opposition will hopefully make us sharper and fitter when the season starts. Unlike the low quality that some other teams are playing

I was at the game last night and there is proper loads of blues from around the USA and over from England who are going to be screwed as they have tickets/flights for the other game. Thats the point mate.

You guys should totally take it up with the event organizers and ask for refunds. Any success? Seriously, you guys should totally try. You never know. Customer service complaints do get refunded - spoken from personal experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you all know...Me an Chico will be watching the game tonight in a bar in Spain.....we'll be proper minced again like......bring on the dark rum......(had a stinking hangover from that stuff this morning Chico you beaut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back