Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2016-2017 additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited it to include Tielemans.. not that I see any reason that that would make a difference.

Ok, i'll play along even though i'm certain that you've never seen him play and have just found lots of articles from people who have. Why would Porto sell him now for £30m to Everton, if everyone knows he's going to be a big star in the future who they could sell onto PSG, Real, City, Barca etc for so much more in a couple of years?

There is a reason the Ronaldo's and Messi's end up at the best teams.

Because Porto are a selling team, and when they get a price they are happy with they sell, they have sold plenty of players on who go on to have an even bigger move a few years afterwards, could argue why would any team ever sell any player below the age of 25 as they could get more by holding onto them until they are at their peak really.

Anyway moot point as we won't be paying 30m for an 18yo anyway and rightly so when we should be looking at that type of money only for a player who is proven - IF we even are looking at spending that much on one player

You're "certain" that i havent seen someone play despite being freely available to watch online as he plays in one of the top sides in Portual as well as in European competitions....yeah ok mate.

Why does anyone sell players? You realise we got Fellaini before he went to United right? We have Stones, Lukaku etc....why did they sign for us? Because they were young and needed to be developed more and tested in the league consistently....

As for Ronaldo, he signed for United after a friendly with Sporting...for £12mil. He could have also gone to Arsenal if they moved faster, we could have also signed an array of players like Essien, Hazard and Cech under Moyes...you have to move on them when they are young.

Messi came through their youth system like Barkley and Rooney for us...

You have too much time on your hands if you personally watch the games of all the players you mention. Leno, Neves, Tielemans amongst others. Why aren't you a scout mate? You seem to watch all these different players playing and are certain they will be a major success. Also fairly certain Ronaldo was signed solely based on his performance in a friendly.

And LOL at putting Fellaini in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo.

Mate fair points but a bit over the top as well

Neves - is an 18 yo with not that many games under his belt - you honestly think that Porto would want to break their transfer record on a player sale to let him go, 15-20m more than they sold eother James or Falcao for, more than they sold Hulk for, all said and done he is a defensive midfielder as well - not a striker, winger etc, no chance on earth he'd go for anythign close to 60m, 30-35m tops which is enough to scare off most anyway for a 18yo, dunno about porto being notoriosuly difficult to deal with, thought the difficulty in dealing with them is that a lot of the players they buy have didgy third party ownership attached to them, Neves is a home grown academy player so won't have anythign of the sort, porto are a selling club and they will sell if the price is decent

Tielemans will get sold sooner or later, and the club he plays for even though we messed them about with henen will just accept the highest bidder - its how they survive as a club, maybe he will end up with a load of offers but who knows really

As for CL being a must, think you underestimate the lure of playing in this league, and also the financial difference on wages over playing in a league in portugal, belgium etc and playing in a league that utter dross can earn 40k pw
This is true. I remember Radzinski playing for Anderlecht in the CL. Think he got a brace against Utd. When we signed him he said he'd joined because the prem was like playing in the CL every week.

This is true. I remember Radzinski playing for Anderlecht in the CL. Think he got a brace against Utd. When we signed him he said he'd joined because the prem was like playing in the CL every week.

Mate just look no further than Yarmolenko who would hav emoved to a team not in Europe.

2 games a season against the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, the rs, not counting cup games etc those ten games alone are more than most would play at their current teams in the CL against 'BIG' sides, even so called smaller sides have really impressive stadiums thses days, the coverage of the PL is bigger than the coverage for the CL, overall can see why players would leave to come to the league - and the influx in momney is whats terrifying the sides in European leagues atm as they can see the pull the league will have even for mid table standard sides

You have too much time on your hands if you personally watch the games of all the players you mention. Leno, Neves, Tielemans amongst others. Why aren't you a scout mate? You seem to watch all these different players playing and are certain they will be a major success. Also fairly certain Ronaldo was signed solely based on his performance in a friendly.

And LOL at putting Fellaini in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo.

Neves, Niguez, Torres, Silva, Calhanoglu and Rico are all pretty easy to follow regularly if you watch or download the games. Tielemans ive said ive watched perhaps less than 10 times and the keepers ive actually taken more of an interest in this season due to Howard being dire.

Fellaini was just an example for us of someone we bought for £15mil, played him consistently in the league and sold him on for £27mil+. We could easily sell Lukaku on now for twice as much as we paid....we need to be signing players with massive potential. Lukaku and Deulofeu had games in our league before we signed them so less risk but theyre hard to find so next stage now we have money is to find the top talents overseas not quite Pogba level but the levels below him at clubs who arent top tier.

As for having alot of time to watch games, 2 years ago i was infected with a deadly disease and took me a long time to recover from that so had a lot of time to watch football and movies. Now im lucky in that i am able to work the hours i want as a consultant....so am still able to watch loads of movies, football and travel around Asia.

Mate just look no further than Yarmolenko who would hav emoved to a team not in Europe.

2 games a season against the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, the rs, not counting cup games etc those ten games alone are more than most would play at their current teams in the CL against 'BIG' sides, even so called smaller sides have really impressive stadiums thses days, the coverage of the PL is bigger than the coverage for the CL, overall can see why players would leave to come to the league - and the influx in momney is whats terrifying the sides in European leagues atm as they can see the pull the league will have even for mid table standard sides

Thats the key, not only the money but playing in our league against these teams and also then in Europe too. The added attraction is Martinez himself (which players always make a point that they signed due to him) and the core group of stars we have.

Yarmolenko is one type of course at 26 but im certain we would be around and about one of the first choice clubs in the prem for a player u23 to join as they will know they will get games and could add to that core group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back