Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2016-2017 additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see I disagree, I think it will be the kick up the arse the club has needed for years, all of this is just guesswork, of course, but I can see the fella improving every aspect of the way the club is ran, this man sweats money, he knows business, yes I cant see him spunking a shed load on overpriced tosh, I think he will put some of his own money in certain areas to grow the club, a few clever loans here and there to do something with the stadia and hopefully start making us look like a real top club again.

It wont be done overnight, its gonna take time and we as a fanbase should be patient, little things will be done slowly, your right, its not a City takeover, but I really do think it will turn our club upside-down.

Hell, I could be wrong, he could sell Barkley, Stones and Lukaku in the Summer and ride off into the sunset with his 150m profit.
Apart from the last line....Probably the best thing you've ever posted.

GK -- Robles / ???
LB -- Baines / Oviedo
LCB -- Mori / Galloway
RCB -- Jagielka / Stones
RB -- Coleman / Holgate
DM -- Barry / McCarthy
CM - Besic / ???
LW -- Cleverley / ???
ACM -- Barkley /Tarashaj
RW -- Deulofeu / Lennon
CF -- Lukaku / Niasse

GK options -- Rico / Leno / Butland
CM options -- Niguez / Neves / Tielemans
LW -- Yarmolenko

Have Barry mentor the new CM to take over his role after one season.

Any funds left over for one more signing: Bernardo Silva / Hakan Calhanoglu / Oliver Torres

Thats a top 4 Squad.

I thought we'd been through this?

GK - We need the absolute best available. If not Butland then Rico or Leno....theres also alot more obtainable keepers out there who are 22/23 and top notch now and still improving...fits our profile for signings.

RB -- Holgate is going to follow a similar path to Stones and then Galoway at full back first. Perhaps he is a year away still but then how about Browning, Pennington or perhaps even Kenny? Thats 4 players who could deputise for coleman. This of course excludes Mattioni as well but im sure we'll know more in the summer and its more a question for @catcherintherye or @blueloon than me. Id hope Holgate gets some minutes at RB before the season end, same as Galloway last season-- then we can see.

LW -- Im confident on Yarmolenko as its clear Martinez wants him and also we have the money now. No idea if he will end up at LW of course but i doubt we will sign another RW or ACM so i'll put him as a LW and i guess he would rotate. I hope @bluestevon gets his wish this summer.

DM -- You've posted a lot about Barry being "unique" for his role and i suppose he is. Martinez also said before that when Barry goes we will need to change our playing style, but that was before the new owner came in. Were obviously not signing Busquets nor a mid 20s or late 20s superstar for the role,its going to have to be another player of 30+ or an u23 player.

Niguez is far fetched perhaps but never know till you try, Sergi Roberto probably similar bracket to him now after this season...but dont you think they can perform Barrys duties if they came in as CM players for a season and then learnt and were mentored by Barry? Otherwise Tielemans and Neves are exceptional talents who could be taught as well.

makes sense to get someone like that in now a season before Barry leaves and slowly bring them into the role. But also have them being effective in other positions for 12 months.

CM -- If we have the money and made those 3 signings we should then look at a playmaker. Not essential but gives an option in CM/LW/RW/ACM if needed, perfect for games like WBA.

Oh Zat you danger to girls who pretend to be girls but really are not.

Just briefly
Neves is the captain of Porto a notoriously difficult team to negotiate with. Probably the most sort after prospect in Portugal atm cost would be close to 60m€ and bigger clubs will come in if a sniff of him goes for sale.

Rico first choice for selvilla 4th best club in Spain on a level above us and they are not needing to sell. German keepers would be a lot easier to obtain and much more price effective. Possible but unlikely in my book.

Tielemans plays for a club we recently scuffed with negotiations with henen. They will have heaps of suitors and unless we offer way above market value they can refuse to entertain bids.

Champions league would almost be a must with all these players

Better off going for your Rafael silvas, Timo horns harkim Zeiyechs ect much more realistic and obtainable

So just money then basically, which we have.

Theres a reason the other names you mention above are easier to sign, and cheaper...they arent as good.

You see I disagree, I think it will be the kick up the arse the club has needed for years, all of this is just guesswork, of course, but I can see the fella improving every aspect of the way the club is ran, this man sweats money, he knows business, yes I cant see him spunking a shed load on overpriced tosh, I think he will put some of his own money in certain areas to grow the club, a few clever loans here and there to do something with the stadia and hopefully start making us look like a real top club again.

It wont be done overnight, its gonna take time and we as a fanbase should be patient, little things will be done slowly, your right, its not a City takeover, but I really do think it will turn our club upside-down.

Hell, I could be wrong, he could sell Barkley, Stones and Lukaku in the Summer and ride off into the sunset with his 150m profit.

We are closer to agreeing than you think :) It's definitely the kick up the arse that we need. Signings of greater magnitude than we are used to, will likely be made, and hopefully a stadium resolution.

I just want people to curb their enthusiasm with the Man City comparisons and am glad you agree. Sheikh Mansour alone is worth 30billion, who knows what the total of Abu Dhabi United is worth. Moshiri at 1.6billion is perfect for us, but relative peanuts. We're not going to see the FM sugar-daddy mode signings that City are capable of but again, thats ok, because we have a spirit and identity that money can't buy. We also have a talented young core and Moshiri's investment gives us a greater chance of protecting/retaining that.

City went from signing Paul Dickov back on a free transfer and narrowly avoiding relegation to signing Robinho from Real Madrid for ridiculous money. Then they signed Yaya Toure, David Silva and Sergio Aguero at good young ages. It seems normal now but it was all completely mental at the time.

Haha that's fair enough mate.

As I said, Leno is a class act. Going to be a top keeper and is already very good.

£20mil though, minimum I'd say. A lot depends on Joel but my preference would be Jann Sommer or Consigli from Sassuolo. Both experienced, good keepers. I'm sure RM has a target(s) though and it'll probably be somebody nobody on here has ever mentioned.
Hearing good things about this guy but I haven't seen him personally.

I really wished we had bought poyet the difference he would have made to our build up play would be night and day.

Time to throw the hand grenade into the mix. If and it,s a big if we intend to keep our best players and spend CL money on new players - can we do that with current manager in place?

The new shareholder needs to decide what level of budget is befitting of the current management team in place vs his goals next season.

I really wished we had bought poyet the difference he would have made to our build up play would be night and day.

Time to throw the hand grenade into the mix. If and it,s a big if we intend to keep our best players and spend CL money on new players - can we do that with current manager in place?

The new shareholder needs to decide what level of budget is befitting of the current management team in place vs his goals next season.

Martinez decided he wanted to focus on Barkley instead and give him the number 10, I agree to be honest

Hmmmm I would,nth put all of my eggs in one basket with a new shareholder who I imagine will have different expectations and less forgiving than Bill.

Moshiri is an accountant ......... every penny will be scrutinised and agonised over

Oh Zat you danger to girls who pretend to be girls but really are not.

I am fully aware that Zat has me on ignore and who can blame him?

Right here however we see Zat demonstrate his transfer scouting proficiency snobbery.

And what a sight to behold it is.

Behave.
Nothing good to say about someone ? Then say nothing.

Zat took you off ignore after reading one of your articles btw. Why anyone would read one of your articles is a mystery to me like, but there you go.

Behave.
Nothing good to say about someone ? Then say nothing.

Zat took you off ignore after reading one of your articles btw. Why anyone would read one of your articles is a mystery to me like, but there you go.

Bit nasty that end bit like...

Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back