Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2016-2017 additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love us to sign a top young keeper like gea, maybe try and buy Leno

He conceded 4 at home to Bremen the other night mind...

But yeh, he's a top keeper and only going to get better. Leverkusen are dropping a bit atm and it's not looking likely they will get CL and possibly not even Europa, so he may become available.

I'm sure RM will have his targets in mind however if Joel shows he can be no.1 we wont' go spending £20mil on a keeper.

Just briefly
Neves is the captain of Porto a notoriously difficult team to negotiate with. Probably the most sort after prospect in Portugal atm cost would be close to 60m€ and bigger clubs will come in if a sniff of him goes for sale.

Rico first choice for selvilla 4th best club in Spain on a level above us and they are not needing to sell. German keepers would be a lot easier to obtain and much more price effective. Possible but unlikely in my book.

Tielemans plays for a club we recently scuffed with negotiations with henen. They will have heaps of suitors and unless we offer way above market value they can refuse to entertain bids.

Champions league would almost be a must with all these players

Better off going for your Rafael silvas, Timo horns harkim Zeiyechs ect much more realistic and obtainable

Ziyech would be a great signing. Fantastic player...

...on fifa

Haha touche.

It's not 2008 though mate and this investment doesn't mean that much in terms of our ability to pay huge sums as due to the TV money we already had that anyway.

In the grand scheme of things, this investment doesn't really effect that side of it as much as it would have done 4 or 5 years ago, ultimately.

Exactly, and it's not like Moshiri is mega minted like Sheikh Mansour. The investment is good news but its not going to turn our world upside-down. That's ok though, because our squad is an excellent, young framework to build on.

Hakim Ziyech would be a perfect addition, it's a tired cliché to say a player has got it all, but he really has got it all.

Exactly, and it's not like Moshiri is mega minted like Sheikh Mansour. The investment is good news but its not going to turn our world upside-down. That's ok though, because our squad is an excellent, young framework to build on.

I mean, I wouldn't mind having £1.6billion knocking about :D

But yeh, you're right.

This squad needs one or two additions that can come straight in for the first team or be first team ready and add real quality. Primarily, a goalkeeper and another player for the attacking positions behind the striker (a real playmaker type).

I think we'll then go for a back up right back and with Tarashaj to come in I think it sets us up nicely assuming the players that leave are the likes of Pienaar, Howard, McGeady, Gibson, Osman and Hibbert, and that Kev and Kone probably leave as well.

If we get europe it will be a different matter, just as it will be if any of our major players go

He's basically Barkley-lite (except a year older :p)
Nah, he's more versatile and a better passer. He can play attacking mid and on both wings as well. He's more similar to mirallas tham barkley imo, albeit much better.

You see I disagree, I think it will be the kick up the arse the club has needed for years, all of this is just guesswork, of course, but I can see the fella improving every aspect of the way the club is ran, this man sweats money, he knows business, yes I cant see him spunking a shed load on overpriced tosh, I think he will put some of his own money in certain areas to grow the club, a few clever loans here and there to do something with the stadia and hopefully start making us look like a real top club again.

It wont be done overnight, its gonna take time and we as a fanbase should be patient, little things will be done slowly, your right, its not a City takeover, but I really do think it will turn our club upside-down.

Hell, I could be wrong, he could sell Barkley, Stones and Lukaku in the Summer and ride off into the sunset with his 150m profit.

I have been pushing for Ziyech for the past two close seasons, the lad is going to be a great player and would be perfect for Everton..

He conceded 4 at home to Bremen the other night mind...

But yeh, he's a top keeper and only going to get better. Leverkusen are dropping a bit atm and it's not looking likely they will get CL and possibly not even Europa, so he may become available.

I'm sure RM will have his targets in mind however if Joel shows he can be no.1 we wont' go spending £20mil on a keeper.
I know you go on to say that he's a top keeper but I have to mention that The year big Nev won POTY, he conceded 4 at home to Spurs first game. 4 away to Watford. 4 away to Norwich and 4 at home to Chelsea. All before 1984 was out.

I know you go on to say that he's a top keeper but I have to mention that The year big Nev won POTY, he conceded 4 at home to Spurs first game. 4 away to Watford. 4 away to Norwich and 4 at home to Chelsea. All before 1984 was out.

Haha that's fair enough mate.

As I said, Leno is a class act. Going to be a top keeper and is already very good.

£20mil though, minimum I'd say. A lot depends on Joel but my preference would be Jann Sommer or Consigli from Sassuolo. Both experienced, good keepers. I'm sure RM has a target(s) though and it'll probably be somebody nobody on here has ever mentioned.

1st choice Keeper
RB to challenge Coleman
Barry replacement
Playmaker
1st choice left sided winger/left attacker (or whatever position it might be)
2nd Choice striker
A plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back