Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2016-2017 additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fellas decent, few years ago I would have been down, but hes 32 in August, im not against signing older players, just I consider 32 a little to old and im not even sure he would be cheap.

I certainly dont consider him a Stones replacement.

He's the type of player that you used to be able to pick up cheap from a team that got relegated, but the parachute massive payments i think have put an end to that, like we got jagielka and Lescott in the past

Will be honest mate, i've seen Butland and i rate him highly, not seen any of the others besides maybe once or twice at best - if that, and with our keepers i would just rather have that surety i had when we had Martyn and Southall and not take any risk no matter the cost

Mate Butland isnt even close to the 2 keepers you mentioned.

Dont understand why people wanna spunk a load on Butland personally, the lads very decent, but not worth the English premium.

Few other names we should consider :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predrag_Rajković
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubén_Blanco_Veiga
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simone_Scuffet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerónimo_Rulli
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timo_Horn

Consigili (I think) from Sassuolo is also a very good keeper.

Been really impressed by him whenever I've seen them this season (admittedly only when they play the bigger Italian clubs)

Ok, lets just put this out there. Forget ANY player thats currently in the PL at this point. The case has been made and beaten with a massive stick that this money makes teams not HAVE to sell any of their players. Every single player at this point can stay at their current club and be quite content. The amount of money Everton would have to spend to get a player from another PL team would be so high it would be stupid to even consider it because a player of equal talent from a different league would cost a fraction of.

The whole 'English born' tag is now basically applicable to all players enjoying a modicum of success in the Premier League.

Ok, lets just put this out there. Forget ANY player thats currently in the PL at this point. The case has been made and beaten with a massive stick that this money makes teams not HAVE to sell any of their players. Every single player at this point can stay at their current club and be quite content. The amount of money Everton would have to spend to get a player from another PL team would be so high it would be stupid to even consider it because a player of equal talent from a different league would cost a fraction of.

The whole 'English born' tag is now basically applicable to all players enjoying a modicum of success in the Premier League.

Spot on.

In order for Stoke to sell Butland your talking about a fee that would make them sit up and take notice, so forget 20m, think nearer 35m, then in order to make him wanna leave your gonna have to really pay him, talking 100k+ at least, then factor in that we arent actually a better prospect than Stoke, in his eyes, we dont make Europa all the time, we dont win trophies and we currently reside in 11th place in the league.

Basically, forget Butland, no matter how much you rate him.

Spot on.

In order for Stoke to sell Butland your talking about a fee that would make them sit up and take notice, so forget 20m, think nearer 35m, then in order to make him wanna leave your gonna have to really pay him, talking 100k+ at least, then factor in that we arent actually a better prospect than Stoke, in his eyes, we dont make Europa all the time, we dont win trophies and we currently reside in 11th place in the league.

Basically, forget Butland, no matter how much you rate him.
Exactly. Lets put it this way, that little twit Saido Berahino will probably go fro 25m this summer to someone. ISCO, probably the BEST player in the CL 2-3 years ago for Malaga, went to Madrid for 25m.

Exactly. Lets put it this way, that little twit Saido Berahino will probably go fro 25m this summer to someone. ISCO, probably the BEST player in the CL 2-3 years ago for Malaga, went to Madrid for 25m.

Read somewhere that RM are putting Isco up for sale this summer.
Form a queue

@Westend Blue

Why do you think fhey arent attainable? The only difficult one i think is Niguez.
Just briefly
Neves is the captain of Porto a notoriously difficult team to negotiate with. Probably the most sort after prospect in Portugal atm cost would be close to 60m€ and bigger clubs will come in if a sniff of him goes for sale.

Rico first choice for selvilla 4th best club in Spain on a level above us and they are not needing to sell. German keepers would be a lot easier to obtain and much more price effective. Possible but unlikely in my book.

Tielemans plays for a club we recently scuffed with negotiations with henen. They will have heaps of suitors and unless we offer way above market value they can refuse to entertain bids.

Champions league would almost be a must with all these players

Better off going for your Rafael silvas, Timo horns harkim Zeiyechs ect much more realistic and obtainable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back